• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

'Your dream is closer than you think.' I wished ...

Bear

knot4u

Repeat Offender
I'm not active, and in fact not flown up front in any capacity for some time ... yet when opening various other favorite websites I see this ad front and center.

Any other forum members see this promo !!

http://pc12advantage.wpengine.com/?gclid=CKfToemVjtUCFQ5WDQodatAAmQ
http://pc12advantage.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Cash_Flow_Analysis.pdf

surely WELL beyond anything I've ever flown ... just maybe because I subscribe to jetcareers.com.
I have no idea what you're talking about, but I doubt jetcareers has anything to do with it.

milleR

*divides by 3*

HEY WAIT A MINNIT!!!111111ONE
That's still 3 times what I expected to make joining the regionals 10 years ago and a pretty good living by most standards today. If you can't make ends meet on 80K a year given the career entry point it's time for a good spending analysis.

But yes- it's a bait and switch based on targeted hiring criteria. Which is pretty much what everyone is doing these days given a tightened hiring market and (at least in my case) unbelievably low unemployment rates and lack of candidates.

That's still 3 times what I expected to make joining the regionals 10 years ago and a pretty good living by most standards today. If you can't make ends meet on 80K a year given the career entry point it's time for a good spending analysis.
Doesn't that figure include retirement and medical though?

milleR

Doesn't that figure include retirement and medical though?
Not from what I've seen.

The Air Whisky add is adding up hourly rates based on upgrade expectations, longevity bonuses, and qualifying time at hire. It's a hypothetical.

I know when I talk to candidates it's very important to get what is "pay" vs "compensation" right out on the table. But "compensation" doesn't generate resumes the way "pay" does, hence the focus on it during marketing blitz's.

Quarryman

One airline uses unemployment insurance, their portion of FICA and Medicare, training costs, and the expected amount you'll save over a year at the airport hamburger shack using your crew ID as "total compensation."

Sorry, recruiters, that math just don't quite work that way.

bimmerphile

SuperCritical™ Member
Not from what I've seen.

The Air Whisky add is adding up hourly rates based on upgrade expectations, longevity bonuses, and qualifying time at hire. It's a hypothetical.

I know when I talk to candidates it's very important to get what is "pay" vs "compensation" right out on the table. But "compensation" doesn't generate resumes the way "pay" does, hence the focus on it during marketing blitz's.
It's hourly rates, signing bonuses, longevity bonus, health insurance, retirement, and assumed upgrade at 18mo or 2yr iirc. If you don't upgrade at whatever the time frame is there's another bonus.
Stupid figure to advertise. "Total compensation" FUPM