Wow, Impressive

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
Drives me nuts that the FAA is all over guys like that who advocate for safety, training and following the rules. Yet douchebags like Jerry seems to skate by.
Only thing that makes any sense is the FAA investigated and found out he's doing computer effects and none of it is real. We're all being trolled by some sort of Andy Kaufman comedian genius and the FAA hates pilots just enough to find it funny and let it continue.

Murdoughnut

Well sized member
So I can relate. A few days after I resigned my position at my last airport, I decided to shave my beard - but since I had no job to go to, I shaved it into a handlebar mustache. I posted a photo on FB that said "I need a sketchy van to go with the new look - I'm going all in!" with a picture of said mustache.

About a week later I have a message from an FBI agent asking me to call her back. After nearly pissing myself, I gave her a call. Someone had reported that FB post as a potential threat to the airport.

Befuddled, I went back and looked and I had posted it publicly instead of privately, so who knows who it was, but I have some ideas based on the few people I left there on not so great terms with.

Fortunately I explained to the agent what I meant, that I was actively interviewing with other airports, and had no reason to threaten anyone at the airport. She responded with a "that's what I figured" and the call ended as courteously as it started. No harm, no foul.

The point is, people are dicks and will report you for dumb stuff. Folks at the FAA/FBI, etc. have a job to do, so don't take it out on them - blame said dicks and keep your social media circles tight.

FlyingAccountant

So I can relate. A few days after I resigned my position at my last airport, I decided to shave my beard - but since I had no job to go to, I shaved it into a handlebar mustache. I posted a photo on FB that said "I need a sketchy van to go with the new look - I'm going all in!" with a picture of said mustache.

About a week later I have a message from an FBI agent asking me to call her back. After nearly pissing myself, I gave her a call. Someone had reported that FB post as a potential threat to the airport.

Befuddled, I went back and looked and I had posted it publicly instead of privately, so who knows who it was, but I have some ideas based on the few people I left there on not so great terms with.

Fortunately I explained to the agent what I meant, that I was actively interviewing with other airports, and had no reason to threaten anyone at the airport. She responded with a "that's what I figured" and the call ended as courteously as it started. No harm, no foul.

The point is, people are dicks and will report you for dumb stuff. Folks at the FAA/FBI, etc. have a job to do, so don't take it out on them - blame said dicks and keep your social media circles tight.
That's exactly why I dumped my social media accounts with my real name on them. I don't need people showing up to my house or reporting me to the authorities for something I said on the internet. Especially with this new culture we have where people will try to ruin your life because you hurt their feelings.

Prino

honestly I probably would have given a B clearance on initial contact. but if for whatever reason things had reached this point I would have given a vector to exit the B rather than just “exit the b immediately”.
It’s been my experience that pilots will (without question) listen to/do whatever I say when I say cleared through bravo fly heading xxx vector for traffic.....I haven’t tested it but I’m pretty sure I could get away with a 270 degree turn. Or if I need them out make it clear to remain outside for traffic.

Fixtur

Prefamulated Amulite
It’s been my experience that pilots will (without question) listen to/do whatever I say when I say cleared through bravo fly heading xxx vector for traffic.....I haven’t tested it but I’m pretty sure I could get away with a 270 degree turn. Or if I need them out make it clear to remain outside for traffic.
I have gotten a 270 turn doing the coast route over LAX. Half way through the turn they hit me with a 1,500 foot descent, please be level on heading. I'm now wondering if they were just messing with me.

sweeps

Undercarriage Actuator
Perhaps the craziest part of this is it looks likes he’s underneath the B while all the arguing is going on. He does fly through the surface area at the end but up until that point he may have been clear of it... that would have been hilarious if he was never in it at all. I looked at the radar track and altitude stuff and until he cuts the corner of the surface are he might have been ok.

1593272458971.jpeg
1593272458971.jpeg

Prino

Perhaps the craziest part of this is it looks likes he’s underneath the B while all the arguing is going on. He does fly through the surface area at the end but up until that point he may have been clear of it... that would have been hilarious if he was never in it at all. I looked at the radar track and altitude stuff and until he cuts the corner of the surface are he might have been ok.

View attachment 54171View attachment 54171
I mean the guy admitted to being In it so yeah. Not to mention he flew right though the final for 26 in the bravo so there’s that too