Wow, Impressive

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
I’ll rent a 172 from MMU and do it for ya haha.
unfortunatrly I wasn’t working the position this happened in, but 1200 code jet departs MMU, climbs immediately to 4500 and starts doing circles 5 miles south of MMU completely in the B. After 20 min of this calls us up for flight following back to MMU. It was a freaking HondaJet doing a sales demo. The controller (the guy with the voice) let him off with a tongue lashing. I don’t think I would have been as forgiving.

trafficinsight

honestly I probably would have given a B clearance on initial contract. but if for whatever reason things had reached this point I would have given a vector to exit the B rather than just “exit the b immediately”.
I'd say there's a good bet this guy would have ignored that vector and thrown his mantrum anyway

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
I'd say there's a good bet this guy would have ignored that vector and thrown his mantrum anyway
that’s fine. With “exit the bravo immediately” he has plausible deniability that flying straight was the fastest way to exit it. Ignoring a vector for no good reason in controlled airspace is a whole different can of worms.

trafficinsight

that’s fine. With “exit the bravo immediately” he has plausible deniability that flying straight was the fastest way to exit it. Ignoring a vector for no good reason in controlled airspace is a whole different can of worms.
With every other thing they hang on the pilot I doubt this one is gonna be the one where they start needling controllers :p

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
honestly I probably would have given a B clearance on initial contact. but if for whatever reason things had reached this point I would have given a vector to exit the B rather than just “exit the b immediately”.
“put your compass on W and get the hell out of my airspace.”

BEEF SUPREME

unfortunatrly I wasn’t working the position this happened in, but 1200 code jet departs MMU, climbs immediately to 4500 and starts doing circles 5 miles south of MMU completely in the B. After 20 min of this calls us up for flight following back to MMU. It was a freaking HondaJet doing a sales demo. The controller (the guy with the voice) let him off with a tongue lashing. I don’t think I would have been as forgiving.
IMO the reason why so many donkeys haunt the 91/135 world is they keep giving a free pass from errrybody. Ya'll need to start slashin mo' fo's tires.

Last edited: