1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WOW Air - Iceland

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by racemey, Apr 19, 2017.

1. etflies

etflies Keeping calm, Chiving on.

In the interest of being nit-picky, mostly because I'm bored, the long haul fleet at United is all Boeing. Airbus does have a factory with U.S. workers down in Alabama now. As far as I know, none of their Airbus fleet were built there, however.

But I do get and agree with your point.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  2. gne in prog

gne in prog Well-Known Member

Who flies them?

3. Cherokee_Cruiser

Cherokee_Cruiser Well-Known Member

The Airbus flies itself. :cool:

Skåning and NovemberEcho like this.
  4. Skåning

Skåning Well-Known Member

AND UA does *some* maintenance in China

5. fly22

fly22 Well-Known Member

Sometimes that cheaper is more than 50% cheaper. I can't justify full fare for the local.

I fly to Australia, a lot. I always try to fly delta since it's my hometown carrier but when they are double air New Zealand or Qantas, makes it hard to support local.

Then again when you're a dual citizen that makes qantas local too right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. srn121

srn121 Well-Known Member

I think that's a good point, but after how US Airways left Pittsburgh I can't imagine too many locals will pass on one of the two or three direct to Europe offerings. I think Chasen's entirely right on the reasons to go with one of the big three, but it's going to be hard sell for people in cities like Pittsburgh to go with a mainline United, Delta or American instead when it'd mean a layover and a higher price. Without the government getting involved I think there's going to be an explosion in growth from Norwegian, WOW and Condor as they offer destinations that the majors won't fly to directly and are working out of airports that are currently under served like Providence and Pittsburgh (and there's a whole lot of other neglected areas with large populations). I really do wonder about the long-term prospects of the big three airlines when international routes have been so profitable for them and where they will need to innovate on their service and route structure as these ULCCs have a very competitive product they're offering. I wonder if the big three will ever turn to the government and try to get legislation passed on greater passenger rights to even out the difference in price between their products and the ULCCs.

AAPalmTree likes this.
  7. Kingairer

Kingairer Well-Known Member

The internet search engine results is what people will go with. The problem is it really doesn't tell you what you're getting. Doesn't tell you seat size, if you get to pick, doesn't really tell you anything. The legit airlines are going to have to get down to that level to play the game.

8. NickH

NickH Dank Meme

The ~$1100 per person saving by using WOW can be spent on a better hotel.

If you don't enjoy flying, better 8 hours of misery than 16 hours of connecting misery on a US airline.

NovemberEcho likes this.
  9. racemey

racemey Well-Known Member

Well, the wife pretty much shot it down no matter what airline....too far....too scary.....ugh

10. NickH

NickH Dank Meme

Tramp it... https://www.freightercruises.com

Roger Roger likes this.
  11. racemey

Ha! That is awesome, though she is not much a fan of ships either. She is holding out for the Star Trek teleport technology to be perfected.

12. NickH

NickH Dank Meme

That one is terrifying!

PeanuckleCRJ and z987k like this.
  13. gne in prog

gne in prog Well-Known Member

Too late for an annulment?

14. BigZ

BigZ Well-Known Member

Been to the HQ lately? ;)

15. scoobs

scoobs Well-Known Member

Sorry but this needs to be posted again. This is why it's worth flying the cheapest, most direct airline. Thank God for Amtrak and the Bart

16. racemey

Well, there goes that plan.

17. mrivc211

mrivc211 Well-Known Member

When US corporations are held to the same standard, then your question is fair. The dollar is the bottom line going forward. We live in a new world and it's been this way for quite sometime.

18. SeanD

SeanD Well-Known Member

A close cheapskate friend of mine recently had an experience with this airline. She said it was an awful experience and had the most uncomfortable seats she had ever been on and she is a frequent traveler on Spirit and Allegiant. Huge cheapskate. She said it made Spirit look like Emirates. This was just a few weeks ago.

racemey likes this.
  19. racemey

Crazy thing is it was cheaper buying the ticket from SMF than SFO. That stupid RJ flight from SMF to SFO was delayed several times and I almost missed the flight to Tokyo. Was about to have my partner in the 182 fly me to San Carlos and then Uber to SFO. I was the last one on the plane to Tokyo and they closed the door right behind me.

20. trafficinsight

trafficinsight Well-Known Member