WN Classes Delayed Due to Max Uncertainty

Box hauler

Why would SWA give up an all 737 fleet? The single fleet model has served them well for decades. Maybe when the 737 isn’t made anymore they will have to get another fleet type, but most likely will stick with a single fleet type.

My own company is probably gonna go single fleet type and it sure ain’t gonna be the Bus.
Best answer is that they won’t. South west IMO has no option to switch fleets, ever........ SWA is a great company and if they truly wanted they could figure out a way to do it but seeing as their whole world is built around the 73 and they have over 800 of them I see them riding the 737 until the wheels literally fall off. The max will get ironed out, people will soon forget and their pilots will soon be able to return to that modern nostalgia that Boeing has delivered for the last 52 years.

Cherokee_Cruiser

That was way before social media. You have to admit that social media will result in a longer period of time before the public forgets the Max even if it’s renamed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2019 Social media = the bane of society.

“ My thoughts and prayers with the victims of Lion Air. My thoughts and prayers with victims of Ethiopian. Don’t forget me, I’m still here and sads today. “

“OMG! Twitter video shows cop using excessive force!”
[proceeds to link a video which starts as the conflict is already escalated and results unfolding]

“ [something about Hillary Clinton and pizza and hostages] “

Fake news and videos (eg, Pelosi speech slowed down to look like slurring)

Algorithms that match content one likes and affirms confirmation bias while ignoring the other side altogether.

List goes on and on.

Wish there was a way to put social media as an entity (like some super computer) onto an island and nuke it out of existence.

Cherokee_Cruiser

...he says, as he posts a message on social media.
Forums are at least somewhat anonymous and sharing words/ideas with only similar suited backgrounds (in this case aviation). I meant the stuff like FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Those are worldwide reach with a billion+ within reach of all sorts of doctored accounts, fake news, and edited content to show something incorrectly.

We had some fake people here like Tomcatter and Kontjasse who were caught and then never returned again after a half ass apology. At least there is some self policing and control here. IMO just not the same thing as what the big 3 platforms have become today.

Skåning

Today a lady got on and said "This plane is really small."

I responded "Maybe, but she's got big heart!"
My favorite retort when someone made a "this is a small plane" or "I've never been in a plane this small" remark was, "Well actually, none of us (pointing between the FO and myself) have ever flown a plane this big before..." - oh the RJ/1900 days.
We had an FA at SureJet that would say,
"it'd look bigger in your backyard" or "if you rub it, it gets bigger" :D

adk

Steals Hotel Toilet Paper
Best one I've heard is from a guy who used to fly the 1900 at Big Sky. He was the FO giving the briefing and some woman was being over the top nasty about the size of the airplane while he was trying to brief. Eventually he paused and said "Ma'am, all due respect, but there are six of you. How big of an airplane should we have brought?"

BobDDuck

Island Bus Driver
Best one I've heard is from a guy who used to fly the 1900 at Big Sky. He was the FO giving the briefing and some woman was being over the top nasty about the size of the airplane while he was trying to brief. Eventually he paused and said "Ma'am, all due respect, but there are six of you. How big of an airplane should we have brought?"
When I was still at PSA and an FO, one of the J4J captains I was flying with responded to a lady's "such a small plane" comment with, "no... your ass is just really big." And then he shut the cockpit door. The poor FA got stuck with that on a 2 hour flight to Alabama.

mrivc211

Oh snap.

If I was SWA, I’d send a team over to Toulouse and another one up to...wait, where the hell is the A220 based out of now?
it gets worse. someone filed a lawsuit this week against WN and Boeing claiming they were co-conspirators. From what I remember, the lawsuit claims it started with the "handshake" agreement decades ago, and ever since then, WN has turned a blind eye to anything that could have negatively impacted boeing. In return, Boeing gave special treatment to WN.

ozziecat35

4 out of 5 great lakes prefer Michigan.
I enjoy the White Plains "Millionaires" complaining about the CRJ..."Ugh, it's such a small airplane..."

Sorry, how big is YOUR airplane?

Jordan93

I enjoy the White Plains "Millionaires" complaining about the CRJ..."Ugh, it's such a small airplane..."

Sorry, how big is YOUR airplane?
You just have to bring them back to earth. If they were really that rich or important, they wouldn’t be flying commercially. They’d be at signature getting on their private jet. Just tell them to close their eyes and pretend they’re on their private jet.

ozziecat35

4 out of 5 great lakes prefer Michigan.
The
You just have to bring them back to earth. If they were really that rich or important, they wouldn’t be flying commercially. They’d be at signature getting on their private jet. Just tell them to close their eyes and pretend they’re on their private jet.
Them and 49 of their best friends!

Richman

Pax: “I’ve never been on a plane this small”

My buddy: “Thats ok, I’ve never been to a town this small”