WN Classes Delayed Due to Max Uncertainty

Ecl!pse

Any idea of how many 737NGs are on the used market or are in the bone yard?
Not many NG's on the used market - it is very tight right now, and is probably going to remain this way until the MAX goes back into service and until the bow-wave of CFM56 shop visits clears, which may not be until 2021+. Even -700's are transacting today so that airlines & investors can get to the engines.

Once the MAX comes back online, it will be interesting to see what happens to the NG. Even before the accidents, the 737 MAX market was starting to get incredibly soft. There were far too many frames at leasing companies vs. the demand out there in the world (esp. with the ongoing China trade spat), resulting in historically cheap lease rates on the MAX. At some carriers, the MAX's were being leased at rates that were near-parity with the NG. If this supply/demand imbalance doesn't fix itself, then you have to think carriers will take the 15% fuel burn improvement, which will push NG's to the market.

Purchase grounded jets + ???? = PROFIT$!

Family Air Express!
Yeah, all those planes sitting around looks bad for Boeing. Doesn't instill confidence, is a sore spot. Also, Boeing has taken a serious financial hit with this scandal. I'm sure that Boeing will be very motivated to clear their inventory lot and prove that the planes have been fixed and flying safely.

Southwest or someone else would be very smart to hit Boeing up for a steep discount on those planes. Similar to the steep discount Boeing was giving out for the first B-787's that sat forever at Boeing Field*.

ClarkGriswold

Non Nutritive Cereal Varnish Engineer
Yeah, all those planes sitting around looks bad for Boeing. Doesn't instill confidence, is a sore spot. Also, Boeing has taken a serious financial hit with this scandal. I'm sure that Boeing will be very motivated to clear their inventory lot and prove that the planes have been fixed and flying safely.

Southwest or someone else would be very smart to hit Boeing up for a steep discount on those planes. Similar to the steep discount Boeing was giving out for the first B-787's that sat forever at Boeing Field*.
Here you go.

618B96A8-8450-4D53-9A7D-4BF9A2DAB65E.jpeg

JDean3204

My favorite retort when someone made a "this is a small plane" or "I've never been in a plane this small" remark was, "Well actually, none of us (pointing between the FO and myself) have ever flown a plane this big before..." - oh the RJ/1900 days.

“You should have seen the plane I was flying yesterday, it was way smaller than this”. :D