WN Classes Delayed Due to Max Uncertainty

ZapBrannigan

Old School
2 new hire classes and 2 upgrade classes for September are defered.

As of now, 2 classes in Oct, 2 classes in Nov, and 1 in Dec are still planned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZapBrannigan

Old School
We had 34 when they were grounded. I believe we were supposed to have had 50 more by the end of the year, including the Max7s.

Autothrust Blue

"I'll take your case."
Oh snap.

If I was SWA, I’d send a team over to Toulouse and another one up to...wait, where the hell is the A220 based out of now?
I saw an order cancellation for the 73MinimumEngineeringEffortBecauseLUVandAAarescaredofchanges and my first thought was "well, this is how my employer gets $6 billion worth of airplanes for $3 billion, including training."

deadstick

I’m sorry. I can’t fly anything built south of Huntsville. Those people marry their cousins and share a banjo... they don’t strike me as particularly intellectual airplane builders.

I thought it was waaay south in Mobile. Is that actual airplane building or assembling?

BobDDuck

Island Bus Driver
I’m sorry. I can’t fly anything built south of Huntsville. Those people marry their cousins and share a banjo... they don’t strike me as particularly intellectual airplane builders.

The build quality on the MOB built 321NEOs has been higher than the ones coming out of Hamburg.

ASpilot2be

Qbicle seat warmer
I think if management just said “EFF IT! We’re buying 500 319/320/321’s” it would actually save Boeing Commercial Aviation. It would put them hard into the corner and they’d have to design some next level stuff.
I think if management just said “EFF IT! We’re buying 500 319/320/321’s” it would actually save Boeing Commercial Aviation. It would put them hard into the corner and they’d have to design some next level stuff.
Third times a charm!

BobDDuck

Island Bus Driver
It was a joke.

Except it's not. There were very big concerns from a bunch of Airbus customers that the hould quality from Mobile wouldn't compare with the XFW line. We actually got a few earlier delivery slots because certain airlines decided to wait until they could get a Hamburg tail.

Same issue with the Seattle vs CHS builds at Boeing.

skatergeek

Beet Farmer
Completely agree.

Derg

Cap, Roci
Staff member
I think they laid off the people who could pull it off as a cost saving measure and we’d get more hot garbage.
I think you’re right. I have a friend from high school whose wife was an engineer at Boeing and basically the perspective I got through my friend was that they basically gutted R&D on the commercial side and there were too many to transfer to the military side so a lot of them, like you said, got the axe.

I guess they had a tube, a wing, all they had to do was Rube Goldberg that design to fit higher tech engines and that’s their 100 year business plan (sarcastically said, of course. OR IS IT?!)