Will we stop commercial flying?

jtrain609

Uniting the black vote.
Newsom admit that there won’t be enforcement/arrests of those who do go out. And that we all have a "social contract" and common sense should prevail.
You don't need the quotes around social contract. Social contract theory is the basis of our constitutional system. If you didn't think philosophy was such a stupid thing to study in undergrad, you could have found out more about the underpinnings of democracy.

Here's a link to the applicable text, in this case:

Cherokee_Cruiser

The constitution could not be anymore clear about the limitations on martial law:

”The privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it.”

There is no invasion or rebellion, folks. Nobody has authority to institute martial law. But sadly, I suspect that everyone would lay down and just take it in this sorry excuse for a country at this point. The Founders are rolling over in their graves.
Imagine how many kittens are probably dead with every post of yours I Like.
You don't need the quotes around social contract. Social contract theory is the basis of our constitutional system. If you didn't think philosophy was such a stupid thing to study in undergrad, you could have found out more about the underpinnings of democracy.

Here's a link to the applicable text, in this case:

“Social contract arguments typically posit that individuals have consented, either explicitly or tacitly, to surrender some of their freedoms and submit to the authority (of the ruler, or to the decision of a majority) in exchange for protection of their remaining rights or maintenance of the social order.”

V for Vendetta comes to mind.

Oh lord I’m scared, please government, take my freedoms and rights so I can feel safe.

jtrain609

Uniting the black vote.
Imagine how many kittens are probably dead with every post of yours I Like.

“Social contract arguments typically posit that individuals have consented, either explicitly or tacitly, to surrender some of their freedoms and submit to the authority (of the ruler, or to the decision of a majority) in exchange for protection of their remaining rights or maintenance of the social order.”

V for Vendetta comes to mind.

Oh lord I’m scared, please government, take my freedoms and rights so I can feel safe.
Yup, that's all correct. You sound like someone who just realized gravity is why objects don't float away.

nabbyfan

2nd ARTCC down, 2 positive cases at ZNY.

I’m at work and we just got an update for Groundstop all NYC metro area facilities.

Curious what the FAA is going to scramble to come up with now. ZID/ZNY is a good chunk of sky to be dark.

bucksmith

Did you lock the doors?
Not during most of the times I teach. I've asked - I tend to be teaching during a major push. Though I have not tried recently....

-b
I did a touch and go once. I was doing my usual one day, talk to Potomac after filing my SFRA flight plan to IAD and back, and flying a long downwind while they wait for a safe place to stick me into final. (Usually did this as a treat with a student after their first solo)
Once on a long final, tower was confirming I just wanted to taxi back and pick up flight plan back to JYO, and I confirmed then joked, “unless you just want to give us a touch and go”. He said, “standby”.
Next thing I heard was “skyventures xx, cleared for the option, after take off, fly heading 330 (or so) and call Leesburg in site”.
Damnest thing I ever heard!
Best part was when I got into argument with another flight instructor on ctaf, after calling 3 mile final for 35, traffic permitting, straight in.
He was insisting I was lost and in fact on final for 17. (That last part is funnier if you know the geography. Check out a Washington TAC chart for context.)
Good times, I miss those days. ;)

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
ugh, I’ve worked with those guys before. just keep the ground stop in place. People taught to vector intercepts their whole career are terrible at separating traffic.
no, I mean put you guys (your ARTCC peeps) onboard them. Just the USAF flight crew up front.

I would imagine that GCI people.....separation isn’t in their philosophy lol