Will we stop commercial flying?

z987k

This is insane. It’s like arguing that the gunshot didn’t kill him, the loss of blood did.
It's useful information though. For example, with the original H1N1, very few were dying from the virus. Most were dying of a bacterial infection that they were now susceptible to. I'd imagine a bunch of these deaths are the same. The information that gives you is don't do something stupid like make a cloth mask that is a breeding ground for bacteria.

CoffeeIcePapers

Well-Hung Member
So back to the original topic, why are we flying around with load factors of less than 30%, for what is most likely a loss, spreading the disease around more? I am just wondering what the purpose is, when the airlines are losing money doing it.

Lot of self induced issues popping up, like hotel and food availability, staffing issues, ATC issues, etc.

So back to the original topic, why are we flying around with load factors of less than 30%, for what is most likely a loss, spreading the disease around more? I am just wondering what the purpose is, when the airlines are losing money doing it.

Lot of self induced issues popping up, like hotel and food availability, staffing issues, ATC issues, etc.
idk. Off to go fly one person to Kearney, NE to be stuck in a hotel room for 23 hours with no food. Good for mental health.

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
Through informal and inconsistent asking id say average load I worked today was low teens. Lowest was 1 pax, highest was a United going to Brussels with 266.

Max Power

Today is day 6 for me, ‘cause luckily I had two 3 day trips back to back. The first three day was fairly normal in terms of schedule, but I carried only enough people total to fill a 145 once in 3 days. And on routes that should be full.

This second 3 day is much worse, I’ve flown no legs as scheduled as United hacks away at the flying. Flights have largely been empty except for crew being deadheaded wherever. LGA was a ghost town and went ATC zero 5 minutes after I taxied in on Saturday night.

JordanD

Honorary Member
It's useful information though. For example, with the original H1N1, very few were dying from the virus. Most were dying of a bacterial infection that they were now susceptible to. I'd imagine a bunch of these deaths are the same. The information that gives you is don't do something stupid like make a cloth mask that is a breeding ground for bacteria.
I mean by that logic, AIDS is no big deal since nobody really dies from AIDS itself.

z987k

I mean by that logic, AIDS is no big deal since nobody really dies from AIDS itself.
No, by that logic, you wouldn't take an complete immune compromised AIDS patient and make them sit in a room full of people with the flu.

texas_pilot

Bilateral Pneumonia
30 years ago my Bronrcitis became BP.
As I laid on my couch in the Texas Summer with no AC, I remember the thought- if I just died, I would feel better. 30 years ago I was SO healthy, now I would go ahead. That is the instant I quit smoking,
Acknowledging death by cigarette wasnt gonna happen.

BobDDuck

Island Bus Driver
Bilateral Pneumonia
Nope. Pneumonia is basically a viral infection of the lungs that can be caused by something like COVID-19 (viral pneumonia). Bacterial caused pneumonia is more common, and you can also have fungal or parasitic caused pneumonia. That said, in all cases, that cause of death isn't "pneumonia", but rather what happens to your body when you have it, which is generally respiratory failure due to something like ARDS (basically your alveolus fill with fluid which makes it almost impossible to move your lungs and reduces your body's ability to pass oxygen into your blood stream) or sepsis that starts in the lungs and rapidly spreads to the rest of the body via your circulatory system.

So, to answer my own question that I asked, what normally kills people who have COVID19 is respiratory failure or whole body infection.

jtrain609

Uniting the black vote.
Nope. Pneumonia is basically a viral infection of the lungs that can be caused by something like COVID-19 (viral pneumonia). Bacterial caused pneumonia is more common, and you can also have fungal or parasitic caused pneumonia. That said, in all cases, that cause of death isn't "pneumonia", but rather what happens to your body when you have it, which is generally respiratory failure due to something like ARDS (basically your alveolus fill with fluid which makes it almost impossible to move your lungs and reduces your body's ability to pass oxygen into your blood stream) or sepsis that starts in the lungs and rapidly spreads to the rest of the body via your circulatory system.

So, to answer my own question that I asked, what normally kills people who have COVID19 is respiratory failure or whole body infection.
So you're saying this whole COVID thing is blown out of proportion and doesn't actually kill anything but the economy?

bucksmith

Did you lock the doors?
People are right, I should use the sarcasm tag more often.

who do you believe generates the ”body count” information, including cause-of-death?
Don’t do it! I refuse to use the sarcasm tag when being anything from slightly to wildly sarcastic! It’s a litmus test to identify those that are obtuse.