Why...

chrisreedrules

Master Blaster
*Why do some Captains single-engine taxi with no APU in a CRJ200 in July? Oh and then they make no PA’s so that every 10 seconds on taxi out a new passenger asks the FA, “why isn’t the air turned on?”

*Why do some pilots fly in Speed Mode up to FL320?

*Why do some pilots RTG for a self-induced “Bleed Misconfig”?

*Why do some pilots decide its a great idea to hand fly the departures out of super busy hub airports forcing their pilot monitoring to be super busy and diverting both of their attention away when it should be outside looking for traffic etc?

*Why do some pilots insist on climbing or descending at 2000fpm when the altitude they were given is only 1-2000ft difference?

*Why do some pilots not read the single-engine out procedures for their runway and just brief it as, “straight out if we lose one, any questions?”?

*Why do some pilots ask an obviously super task saturated center controller for a shortcut every 5 minutes?

*Why do some pilots touch the other pilots FCP when it isn’t their leg to fly?

*Why do some Captains micromanage their FOs and never allow them to make decisions thus never letting them build good decision making abilities for when they will soon be Captain?

*Why do some pilots not look at the weather and then not have the visibility to land at their destination and not enough gas to get to a viable alternate then land with barely a spit in the gas tanks?

*Why did that Check Airman not know how to properly read a TAF and pull a Captain offline for no reason thus jeopardizing their Check Airman letter and said Captains career?

*Why do some Captains tell their cabin crews, “I have you back no matter what” instead of saying, “if you have a problem call me up and we’ll discuss it”?

*Why do some pilots fly a 15 mile downwind on a visual approach?

*Why do some pilots ask for Flaps when we’re still 30+ miles from the airport?

*Why does a pilot post a super racist diatribe on social (key word) media and then get upset when their union doesn’t go to bat for them?

*Why do some Captains taxi at Mach 1 and others at Mach Turtle?

...mysteries of the universe my friends.

DeltaAlphaNovember

*Why do some Captains single-engine taxi with no APU in a CRJ200 in July? Oh and then they make no PA’s so that every 10 seconds on taxi out a new passenger asks the FA, “why isn’t the air turned on?”

*Why do some pilots fly in Speed Mode up to FL320?

*Why do some pilots RTG for a self-induced “Bleed Misconfig”?

*Why do some pilots decide its a great idea to hand fly the departures out of super busy hub airports forcing their pilot monitoring to be super busy and diverting both of their attention away when it should be outside looking for traffic etc?

*Why do some pilots insist on climbing or descending at 2000fpm when the altitude they were given is only 1-2000ft difference?

*Why do some pilots not read the single-engine out procedures for their runway and just brief it as, “straight out if we lose one, any questions?”?

*Why do some pilots ask an obviously super task saturated center controller for a shortcut every 5 minutes?

*Why do some pilots touch the other pilots FCP when it isn’t their leg to fly?

*Why do some Captains micromanage their FOs and never allow them to make decisions thus never letting them build good decision making abilities for when they will soon be Captain?

*Why do some pilots not look at the weather and then not have the visibility to land at their destination and not enough gas to get to a viable alternate then land with barely a spit in the gas tanks?

*Why did that Check Airman not know how to properly read a TAF and pull a Captain offline for no reason thus jeopardizing their Check Airman letter and said Captains career?

*Why do some Captains tell their cabin crews, “I have you back no matter what” instead of saying, “if you have a problem call me up and we’ll discuss it”?

*Why do some pilots fly a 15 mile downwind on a visual approach?

*Why do some pilots ask for Flaps when we’re still 30+ miles from the airport?

*Why does a pilot post a super racist diatribe on social (key word) media and then get upset when their union doesn’t go to bat for them?

*Why do some Captains taxi at Mach 1 and others at Mach Turtle?

...mysteries of the universe my friends.
Ah yes. I remember the good old days of no APU on the 200 in the summer. And to answer most of those questions, they are captains that are 100% company men.

Jordan93

Had a captain do a secure checklist and cold dark cockpit the plane on a 30 minute quick turn with a crew swap. When I asked why he shut everything down he said I didn’t know you guys were in the jet bridge. Wait, you didn’t know we were going to be ready to go on a 30 minute turn with a crew swap you dumb bag of rocks?

And I would guess that the fuel savings thing has a star attached to it saying to leave the APU up if you are concerned about passenger comfort. I rarely turn the APU off in the summer. The jet bridge air doesn’t really do any good when it’s 100 degrees and 99% humidity in ATL.

chrisreedrules

Master Blaster
View attachment 49444

I will never not hand fly the Whitestone climb.
LGA and DCA are the obvious exceptions to this in my opinion. Still, even on the Whitestone how would you feel if the PF hand flew all the way up to 10,000ft through all the heading, altitude, and airspeed changes? Would make you extra extra busy between frequencies, heads outside, and monitoring your PF. Not a great recipe for SA.

T/O w/FSII

LGA and DCA are the obvious exceptions to this in my opinion. Still, even on the Whitestone how would you feel if the PF hand flew all the way up to 10,000ft through all the heading, altitude, and airspeed changes? Would make you extra extra busy between frequencies, heads outside, and monitoring your PF. Not a great recipe for SA.
It’s really not that hard to be a good PNF.

Talk on the radio, punch things into a box, twist some knobs.

For some that have a hard time txting on a iPhone I can see this as being overload...but maybe you shouldn’t be flying then.

I actually enjoy being a SIC. More • to do and get in the zone/mental flow with.

thevideographer

Easy, raw data so the PM has nothing to do.