When do you call professional standards?

bLizZuE

Fly airplanes, drink beer, never at the same time.
Right away or at the end of a trip?

I guess if it’s really bad you would call right away. Then, if you even have to ask “should I?” Then yes, I probably should. I mean you.

Stratopilot

Depends. If it a safety issue, or a personality conflict that will lead to a safety issue then better to remove yourself off the trip and make the call. If it’s really really serious and needs to be addressed right away you may need to skip the Union, this is an absolute last resort.

If it’s not a safety related issue and more of a professional behavior / appearance issue then I’d finish the trip, give it a week or two, see how you still feel about it then decide if you need to make a call.

CFI A&P

Exploring the world one toilet at a time.
Right away or at the end of a trip?

I guess if it’s really bad you would call right away. Then, if you even have to ask “should I?” Then yes, I probably should. I mean you.
Did your coworker have poor hygiene for a trip or did they try to fly into a mountain?

If it is the latter, call sooner than later.

Sent from my Startac using Tapatalk.

Inverted

#inspirationing
I’ve called pro standards twice in my career. Once immediately, and once after a trip.

The one where I called after the trip was literally because the guy wouldn’t stop using the N word around me even after I asked him to stop.

The one where I called immediately is when my captain tried to takeoff on a taxiway at night in LAS after me repeatedly telling him he was not on a runway.

ppragman

Direct Yeska
I’ve called pro standards twice in my career. Once immediately, and once after a trip.

The one where I called after the trip was literally because the guy wouldn’t stop using the N word around me even after I asked him to stop.

The one where I called immediately is when my captain tried to takeoff on a taxiway at night in LAS after me repeatedly telling him he was not on a runway.
WTF...

bLizZuE

Sorry to vague post, I learned from @Autothrust Blue

I wouldn’t say unsafe, but let’s just say if I became incapacitated, the aircraft becomes a UAV. I took some notes and I’ll share more when I figure out what’s appropriate to share.

bLizZuE

A guy at eagle called them on me because I repeated taxi instructions to him and because I set an altimeter change of .01 and mentioned it to him. His comments about these events were “I’ve been to this out station hundreds of times, I don’t need directions.” And “you think that’s going to make a difference?” 20 feet? Oh and he didn’t like that I said “tree” and “fife” and said “we will speak English in my cockpit.”

Pro stands guy said he was upset that I was trying to set the tone.

The only time I’ve called them was when a captain refused to go-around following a decreasing performance wind shear warning. At 500 feet.

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
Sorry to vague post, I learned from @Autothrust Blue

I wouldn’t say unsafe, but let’s just say if I became incapacitated, the aircraft becomes a UAV. I took some notes and I’ll share more when I figure out what’s appropriate to share.
Assuming ur at the airline i think ur at, ask prostands about the guy that went to company email and social media to complain about his morning commute crew not deicing with frost on top the wing as "I've had it, this is the fourth time!" As in, the first three times I didn't say anything, but instead of going to prostands time one two or three, he blue up at the crew publicly. More fun to watch from the outside obviously.