What's on your wrist?

cezzna

Garmin vivoactive HR.

Fitbits are junk; durability of a potato chip.

Garmin is for outdoor people. Fitbits are for cube farm captives.

mrivc211

Hey guys/gals... as the title implies, what's everyone wearing for a watch these days? and why?

What are the features that you use on a daily basis, or would like to see on a timepiece marketed towards aviators? GMT, date, chrono, etc......

What are the features you think are overkill?
Saved up and bought myself a Rolex Submariner automatic in 2003 when I got hired at my first airline job. I paid $3,900. Its now retailing for $12,000 plus tax.

I never wear it though as its a bit overkill for my current gig. I wear a iWatch. Love it.

tcco94

Professional GTA V Pilot
85214816-2A68-4519-8C28-6F728B3078F5.png

I'm still using my Aviation G-Shock which I love. I'm really torn if I should buy an apple watch instead though. Especially since I'm on reserve and I don't like taking my phone into every room and every little place I go. It'd be more convenient, I think. I check my phone too much then it leads me to wasting time on my phone. Not that the watch would totally eliminate it but I know it'd help. Problem is I feel like I'd never use this watch again. Still thinking about it, everyone I talk to that has one loves it.

Oxman

Just got this in the mail. I decided to try a watch from the company MVMT. I went with the desert model. It came in a nice red and black foam lined box. It's really comfortable and has nice weight to it.
20180805_094943.jpg

knot4u

Repeat Offender
I've been wearing a white face Timex Expedition for work for about 20 years at this point, I think I've had 5 of them, I don't bother with changing batteries, I'll just get a new one. The band on my last was literally falling apart, it was being held together with staples and o-rings. My wife kept pestering me about what I might like for my birthday (today is my 47th anniversary of orbiting the sun), I said I'd like white socks and a new watchband. She gave me this.

IMG_0970.JPG

The new one is already running slow, I am disappoint.

denverpilot

I haven’t found a “fitness” watch yet that doesn’t give me an extra 800 steps or so daily, for the two mile drive down the washboarded dirt road from the house. Hahaha.

I can beat anybody’s “challenges” on the Garmin website if they try one, just by driving back and forth to the country gas station.

If I’d drive the dually I get more steps. It doesn’t ride as well on washboards as the other cars do. ;)

Beep

I've been wearing a white face Timex Expedition for work for about 20 years at this point, I think I've had 5 of them, I don't bother with changing batteries, I'll just get a new one. The band on my last was literally falling apart, it was being held together with staples and o-rings. My wife kept pestering me about what I might like for my birthday (today is my 47th anniversary of orbiting the sun), I said I'd like white socks and a new watchband. She gave me this.

View attachment 44389
The new one is already running slow, I am disappoint.
You should probably find someone that’s good at working on stuff to put that new watch band on the old watch.
Also, did she forget the socks?