what FAR is it that covers instuction on flying a new multi engine aircraft?

b3181981

I'm training in a new multi engine aircraft that is under 12,500 and I already have my commercial multi but I have no time in the PA-23, is there a minimum amount of instruction that I have to receive before logging PIC in the aircraft and what FAR says so?

milleR

I think 61.31 is what you’re looking for. You’ll also likely need a high performance endorsement unless it’s a really old Apache. Otherwise there’s nothing special about a PA-23, insurance would be the only people that might want some training or dual received.

b3181981

I think 61.31 is what you’re looking for. You’ll also likely need a high performance endorsement unless it’s a really old Apache. Otherwise there’s nothing special about a PA-23, insurance would be the only people that might want some training or dual received.
Sorry i should have specified that I have my complex and high performance endorsement in the original post.

CFI A&P

Exploring the world one toilet at a time.
It sounds like you should read both 61.31 and 61.51 slowly and carefully. There is a distinction between acting and logging PIC. Both are verbs, but everyone should understand the difference.

MidlifeFlyer

I'm training in a new multi engine aircraft that is under 12,500 and I already have my commercial multi but I have no time in the PA-23, is there a minimum amount of instruction that I have to receive before logging PIC in the aircraft and what FAR says so?
In case it wasn't clear from the other answers, no, there is no minimum amount of time and the FAR which says so is 61.51(e)(1)(i).

Inverted25

Your thinking of an Aztec. Apache are either 150hp 160hp or 180hp with the Geronimo conversion. I think there was a few 540 powered ones but I’ve never actually seen one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk