West Coast School Recommendations

Gcowan

I am currently living in the West coast and am looking for a dispatch school to attend to. I came accross IFOD and ADTC and I was wondering if any one has had any experience with them. I am having a hard time choosing between them, so I was wondering if anyone has been to either of them.

I was originally trying to look for a school that has a smaller class size, but the only school I could find was Flight OPS academy in phoenix, but they are not VA approved yet. I am trying to stay on the West coast, and Texas is a little far for my drive. If I have I will drive to Texas as a last resort.

Thanks for your guys help!

flynryan692

I went to IFOD and it wads't bad. ADTC is actually ran by the guy who was my instructor at IFOD. You can't go wrong with either, but I'd probably lean slightly towards ADTC just because I know the instructor and his teaching style and I found it enjoyable.

There is also Jeppesen in Denver, ATP flight school has a class in Dallas I think, and there is a school in SkyWest country (St George UT) called Air Dispatch Academy. I do not know much about those but it is worth checking out.

TN-DX

I went to IFOD and it wads't bad. ADTC is actually ran by the guy who was my instructor at IFOD. You can't go wrong with either, but I'd probably lean slightly towards ADTC just because I know the instructor and his teaching style and I found it enjoyable.

There is also Jeppesen in Denver, ATP flight school has a class in Dallas I think, and there is a school in SkyWest country (St George UT) called Air Dispatch Academy. I do not know much about those but it is worth checking out.
I am pretty sure that ADA is the school owned by the dispatch inspector at my shop. Primarily night classes and tailored towards the schedule of the existing SkyWest employees trying to get their ticket. He is a former SkyWest dispatcher. Super nice dude

Gcowan

There was a school in Tucson. I wonder if it's still around. I forgot the name, sorry.
It doesnt look like it. The problem is, is that all of these schools are my side of the coast are either universities, or do not have VA approval yet. I am leaning more towards IFOD. It is going to suck to drive 18 hours from Vegas, but it looks like its my only option.

Last edited:
It doesnt look like it. The problem is, is that all of these schools are my side of the coast are either universities, or do not have VA approval yet. I am leaning more towards IFOD. It is going to suck to drive 18 hours from Vegas, but it looks like its my only option.
One thing to weigh is cost savings to attend Aircraft Dispatch Academy only 100 miles away from Vegas... Does it outweigh having to drive to IFOD and pay lodging for however many weeks for VA benefits vs staying closer to home and no VA bennies? I also hear that ADA is in process of getting VA approved... I know you have to be in business for at least 2 yrs to qualify for it.

I was part of Flight Ops Academy's first class. The classes are small which I liked and it's in a cool part of town. Phoenix is also pretty cheap to stay in compared to some other places.