Weather Questions

So as someone who recently earned their Dispatch liscense, I was wondering what weather programs/software y’all use? I’d like to have at least 3 different sites to learn from. What sites do y’all normally use or does the company want you using a particular chart?

Radar summary, weather depiction, etc

So as someone who recently earned their Dispatch liscense, I was wondering what weather programs/software y’all use? I’d like to have at least 3 different sites to learn from. What sites do y’all normally use or does the company want you using a particular chart?

Radar summary, weather depiction, etc
Each company is different in what they are allowed to use per their own operations specifications, but aviationweather.gov is an acceptable choice

Mainline_or_bust

Two days before, the day after tomorrow
Slightly different topic, but I will share a recent observation by a friend and I now think of it as a forecast tool that we ALL may benefit from.

You can tell how bad/serious a storm is by the clothes the meteorologist is wearing. If they break in and their suit looks fresh then it's not a concern in anyway flight plan right through it. They're just bothering you at that point, talking circles around something insignificant.

By the time they get to some ridiculous line of storms that's just springing up FCs all over from Oklahoma to Michigan, they've lost their jackets, tie gone, sleeves rolled up. Jim Cantore looks like he hasn't been home or slept in two days and his voice cracks every third sentence. At that point, All may be lost.

who'swho

Don't hesitate. Penetrate!
Slightly different topic, but I will share a recent observation by a friend and I now think of it as a forecast tool that we ALL may benefit from.

You can tell how bad/serious a storm is by the clothes the meteorologist is wearing. If they break in and their suit looks fresh then it's not a concern in anyway flight plan right through it. They're just bothering you at that point, talking circles around something insignificant.

By the time they get to some ridiculous line of storms that's just springing up FCs all over from Oklahoma to Michigan, they've lost their jackets, tie gone, sleeves rolled up. Jim Cantore looks like he hasn't been home or slept in two days and his voice cracks every third sentence. At that point, All may be lost.
Jim Cantore is always on his game and don't you forget that.
rs_560x415-140128172747-1024.jim-cantore.cm.12714_copy.jpg

A1TAPE

So Cantore is EWINS qualified to be a dispatcher with controlling TAFs. Airlines love him as he gives the easiest TAF reads ever!! See him in a suit and tie and its a normal day, see him disheveled with his tie off and looking like he hasnt slept during the mid and you can bet its an IROP day.

If you ask me, I really love ARINC Direct. Graphical packages are bar none. AWC is also great but in terms of graphical ARINC Direct all day...if your company is willing to pay for the high fee