VistaJet / Jet Aviation

STS-41B

I understand Jet Aviation runs the USA side of VistaJet .. I can’t find any salary info on their website.
Any idea of what their Global Express schedule and salary is for US pilots? Home-based? Or TEB living required?

Jimmy_Norton

Opie killer
Home based
SIC :$80k
PIC: $120k

16 on, 14 off, or something like that. All training done on your days off.

All airplanes and pilots are being moved to the XOJet Cert.

Gonzo

I see JV Globals in a lot of not nice places in the world. So low pay and bad overnights.

CFIT99

I'm probably commenting ironically...
I have a buddy on the Global at VJ, He confirmed the pay as stated above. He showed me his schedule. Flew 10 of 16 days mostly to decent to great places. San Fran, Shannon, Milan, Seoul, Hawaii. Although he did say that it was unusual to have that many awesome locals in a single trip.

T/O w/FSII

That’s terrible. A certain big 135 in VNY has FO’s making almost as much as those PIC’s in smaller equipment. That’s nuts.

Jimmy_Norton

Opie killer
I see JV Globals in a lot of not nice places in the world. So low pay and bad overnights.
Most of the VJ airplanes that you see abroad are part of the European division.

I have a buddy on the Global at VJ, He confirmed the pay as stated above. He showed me his schedule. Flew 10 of 16 days mostly to decent to great places. San Fran, Shannon, Milan, Seoul, Hawaii. Although he did say that it was unusual to have that many awesome locals in a single trip.
Because of a variety of reasons, the VJ US airplanes don't go abroad as much as they used to, and they have plenty of domestic US flying to keep them busy.

KLB

Those are likely the European Globals. The ones based in the US rarely ever cross the pond. They go to all the nice touristy areas when the do go over there.

KLB

Although attrition has been really bad there, the European leadership has refused to budge. They have bought XO and are slowly beginning to put all their aircraft the the XO certificate. in the process, they've lost over 50% of their crews to other operators that offer better pay and quality of life. This has resulted in them attempting to hire street captains, which really hasn't been so successful.

The loss of experienced captains within both fleets has greatly affected their operation. Yet there hasn't been any attempts to change things to retain crews. A company that could have had great potential is now essentially a "bottom of the barrel" outfit.

There have been global pilots who have gone through training, gotten the type and peaced out after a couple of months on the line.

Jet Aviation is a good company to work for and there other accounts pay top dollar in equipment. VJ (a client of Jet) set the salaries though.