UPS Hiring for Assistant Dispatcher

Some calls have gone out for phone interviews but I’m not sure if they are done with this round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really don’t understand what it takes to get a call from ups lol . 8 years experience with 121 international and domestic experience .

manniax

Well-met in the Ka-tet
I really don’t understand what it takes to get a call from ups lol . 8 years experience with 121 international and domestic experience .
A good resume, networking, etc. Don't assume you'll get a call just because of how many years you have dispatching. Try and reach out to other dispatchers working at majors to see what their process was like to get hired. Try and stand out from the crowd a bit if you can. Perhaps have a professional look over your resume to make sure it emphasizes your strengths. FWIW, I had been dispatching for over 10 years when I got hired by a major.

F9DXER

Another aspect to consider is what is your social media saying about you?
What kind of reputation have you left while in this career?
What would previous coworkers say about you?
I know this has been repeated before but this is a very small career field. Thus someone, somewhere knows you, things about you, good or bad.
The impression you leave with others is important because you don't know who they know or who they talk to.

crjdxr

Whale watching over SCUPP
Another aspect to consider is what is your social media saying about you?
What kind of reputation have you left while in this career?
What would previous coworkers say about you?
I know this has been repeated before but this is a very small career field. Thus someone, somewhere knows you, things about you, good or bad.
The impression you leave with others is important because you don't know who they know or who they talk to.
What was the number - 3k? 3,000 certificated DXRs exercising their certificates here in the US? Small career field indeed. (imperial measurement and approximate)

PuddlePirate

Last go around I got a call but no offer and I had a lot less than 8 years. I don’t think it’s just how long you’ve been spatchin, unless they think it’s too long. Last go around I got the call and all that, all without networking or knowing someone on the inside. However, I did spend a lot of time on writing a perfect resume and getting letters of recommendation.