Upgrade options

Cherokee_Cruiser

You come across as one that isn't reflective of history is all.
I was just making fun of funny sounding city names. In Washington, these are my translations of certain cities:

Pull Alley Up
Snow Call Me
Samm...Amish?
Sea Attack!
You claim you live on Maury Island, and the lie detector determined......... that was a lie.
I graduated Summa Cle Elum

Yes I'm a nerd and need a life. :cool:

nibake

Powder hound
I was just making fun of funny sounding city names. In Washington, these are my translations of certain cities:

Pull Alley Up
Snow Call Me
Samm...Amish?
Sea Attack!
You claim you live on Maury Island, and the lie detector determined......... that was a lie.
I graduated Summa Cle Elum

Yes I'm a nerd and need a life. :cool:
Yeah, I just read through that whole list TWICE and I definitely don't see anything linguistically related to the first nations. Fake news!

Autothrust Blue

Ultra-low-cost member
Even a 5 leg day in and out of SEA on days with weather at all airports is pretty brutal on us. SEA is quickly becoming the next SFO as far as flow and delays, makes it hard to stay on schedule doing turns in and out. Even on the early morning, and I mean early morning flights we get hit. Nothing like asking if there’s flow at 415am, ATC saying no just to get a flow time at 5am while getting clearance in PUW on the taxi.
Call me back on your 8th trip to the deice pad in 5 legs.

Cesspool for air traffic though SeaTac has become with its poopy flow control situation, I look forward to hearing Q400 Captain tales from you. I think the biggest gift I got out of being an RJ captain between MSP and Hibbing was a certain amount of aeronautical discernment, or which stuff to sweat; I suspect that being a Q captain is going to be similar.

That was my point. SoCal may see some weather this time of year, but nothing like the NW territories. Not even close. We had some busy 25-30 leg 4-days out of LAX but it wasn't unheard of to finish the entire sequence without seeing/flying through a single cloud. "Flow delays" and "edct's" rarely entered our vernacular. Throw in overnights in places like SBP, SBA, CRQ and SAN and it could be positively enjoyable.

SFO trips on the other hand....
I found the morning SFO flying to be largely preferable to the PM shift; pulling into ACV at 0230 was not my idea of a good time after being up most of the day and sitting on our asses in (e.g.) MOD for 2.5 hours.

One of our mutual acquaintances (now here at the Magic Bus) had spent in excess of 3,000 hours between LAX and SAN alone; his experience between LAX and CLD was approximately 45 or 50% of that and similar for SBA. We were literally out of things to brief other than "109.9/251, 125 116 148 170." Was fun.