Upgrade options

etflies

Keeping calm, Chiving on.
Depends upon how much of a ninny the pilots are, really; I thought that as long as the operation was reasonably on time, and we didn't have any huge breaks, I thought an 8 leg day was manageable.

Ahem.

Reserve in base, even at a regional, is the third-best aviation job I've ever had. It is damned good duty if you're willing to roll with the punches (and let's face it, that's a large part of this career anyway).

I'm from there, although I haven't done that drive (PDX SEA) in a while. I'd still rather drive it than fly it UNLESS I was a lineholder with a good commuter clause. I mean, a GOOD commuter clause.
To be fair, bunches of SAN/CRQ/SBA/PSP/BFL turns out of LAX in the middle of a SoCal “winter” with a good Bro crew was a different ballgame than say, bunches of BOI/SEA/GEG/YVR turns out of PDX. I miss doing pilot stuff in the Bro with (most of) the Bro crews. I don’t miss the volume of work and the overall QoL.

Hrrrrmmm de frrrrrm.

Last edited:

JDean3204

To be fair, bunches of SAN/CRQ/SBA/PSP/BFL turns out of LAX in the middle of a SoCal “winter” with a good Bro crew was a different ballgame than say, bunches of BOI/SEA/GEG/YVR turns out of PDX. I miss doing pilot stuff in the Bro with (most of) the Bro crews. I don’t miss the volume of work and the overall QoL.

Hrrrrmmm de frrrrrm.

Even a 5 leg day in and out of SEA on days with weather at all airports is pretty brutal on us. SEA is quickly becoming the next SFO as far as flow and delays, makes it hard to stay on schedule doing turns in and out. Even on the early morning, and I mean early morning flights we get hit. Nothing like asking if there’s flow at 415am, ATC saying no just to get a flow time at 5am while getting clearance in PUW on the taxi.

Last edited:

etflies

Keeping calm, Chiving on.
Even a 5 leg day in and out of SEA on days with weather at all airports is pretty brutal on us. SEA is quickly becoming the next SFO as far as flow and delays, makes it hard to stay on schedule doing turns in and out.
That was my point. SoCal may see some weather this time of year, but nothing like the NW territories. Not even close. We had some busy 25-30 leg 4-days out of LAX but it wasn't unheard of to finish the entire sequence without seeing/flying through a single cloud. "Flow delays" and "edct's" rarely entered our vernacular. Throw in overnights in places like SBP, SBA, CRQ and SAN and it could be positively enjoyable.

SFO trips on the other hand....