United Airlines fires 35 employees for abusing travel benefits

Nark

Sheepdog
Good grief, what an idiot.

And if the gun went off and he killed someone, “Oh, I got mad when I was driving”. There’s some top level decision making.
How exactly does a “gun go off?”

You mean like the person holding it uses his or her finger and pulls the trigger? Like an intentional act? Or negligent handling of such a device?
I’m really confused.

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member

You mean like the person holding it uses his or her finger and pulls the trigger? Like an intentional act? Or negligent handling of such a device?
I’m really confused.
You’re confused on purpose. It doesn’t matter if it was deliberate or an AD/ND.

Nark

Sheepdog
I’m being obtuse on purpose.
Guns don’t “go off.”

Your liberal talking points are showing, Derg.

Derg

Cap, Roci
Staff member
I’m being obtuse on purpose.
Guns don’t “go off.”

Your liberal talking points are showing, Derg.
Clearly, someone got “triggered” and that person is you, get it? :). If I don’t immediatelt respond, chances are I’m working, sleeping or taking a dump so calm your jets about Precious.

How many folks shoot themselves when brandishing or cleaning a weapon on an annual basis? Did they intend to pull the trigger? If not, how else would I describe it in a politically correct fashion for you?

I’m sorry, next time some crazed lunatic, I mean, some good American pulls out s weapon in traffic and aims it at a driver, I’m going to scream “Woo! second amendment! Merka!” because clearly it’s acceotable behavior.

MikeFavinger

Hubschrauber Flieger

I’m really confused.
Best guess based on context is negligent handling. Like this:

People not into weapons generally would say "the gun went off" in situations like this. They don't mean the gun acted on it's own accord though... it's just a common phrase people use.

My fees for translating Human into Nark are $5 per post. :)

Bob Ridpath

Pit Bull love
My office in Podunk, America, with several major travel routes, gets two or three road rage incidents every shift, every damned day. People are freaking idiots. The correct response is simply to disengage, slow down and let the other driver continue on their journey. To throw objects at another car - even worse, to brandish a weapon (or use one’s own vehicle as one) - means the cops are going to be looking for you, even if you’re the original complainant.

I was always taught that you never point a weapon at someone unless you mean to shoot them. I can’t imagine, personally, a need to display a firearm while driving. In every case of which I’m aware on the job when someone displays a gun in this manner because of a driving incident, the one who does so is the one arrested.