UAL Hiring Program Update

Cherokee_Cruiser

I call it “getting wrapped around the axel.”

I agree with ATBlue. For making nearly 300 grand this year, I really don’t care if the company makes us wear a yellow vest while doing a walkaround the ramp. Newsflash, everyone does it other places outside the USA. Why complain? And the remark about compensation is for what we get paid and even though it’s contractually agreed, I’m willing to look past the small stuff.

When I was FO, I saw some CAs lose their cool over some of the most silliest things, and I’m talking things we have no control over. Even as CA now, I see some FOs do the same. That’s just one sure way to not make it to 65 in this job.

My motto: don’t stress the small stuff. Especially stuff you have no control over.

Nark

Sheepdog
I do not see the correlation between my compensation, which was contractually agreed upon by both parties, and stupid new rules which were not.
I’m curious how much ALPA negotiates what is in your FOM.

What section is minimum fuel for international departures, and security procedures? I looked in my CBA: nope, nothing about grooming standards either.

JordanD

Honorary Member
I call it “getting wrapped around the axel.”

I agree with ATBlue. For making nearly 300 grand this year, I really don’t care if the company makes us wear a yellow vest while doing a walkaround the ramp. Newsflash, everyone does it other places outside the USA. Why complain? And the remark about compensation is for what we get paid and even though it’s contractually agreed, I’m willing to look past the small stuff.

When I was FO, I saw some CAs lose their cool over some of the most silliest things, and I’m talking things we have no control over. Even as CA now, I see some FOs do the same. That’s just one sure way to not make it to 65 in this job.

My motto: don’t stress the small stuff. Especially stuff you have no control over.
Upgrading was one of the most important things I did for figuring out what was worth getting worked up about and what wasn't. And even that took a few hundred hours.

Cherokee_Cruiser

Upgrading was one of the most important things I did for figuring out what was worth getting worked up about and what wasn't. And even that took a few hundred hours.
I think I'm the opposite view, probably because I was FO for a long time. After 11 yrs from the right seat, by the time I got to left seat I had a pretty good idea of stuff that I would NEVER bother getting worked up about. I learned a lot in that time as FO and seeing what CAs decided to do, what worked well, what didn't work well, and everything in between.