UA

Green12324

For anyone who may get hired at UA in the future - working downtown actually isn't bad if you can find a public transportation option that works for you. I've commuted regularly to the Sears Tower via blue line, car (Interstate 290 and 90), and Metra over the past 3 years.

Out of all the options I recommend Metra as the option that will get you there and back with the most comfort and punctuality. The Milwaukee West line has stops in many affordable suburbs, and offers a schedule that works for most shifts (exceptions being 4am start, and 6am/7am start on weekends.) The trains go to Union Station and Ogilvie Transportation Center which are a block or two walk to Sears Tower.

As far as driving traffic can be annoying, but Interstate 290 doesn't generally turn into a parking lot like the 90 does. Most shifts avoid traffic in one direction, but not both. For example, the 2pm start you'll hit some traffic coming in, but going home at 10pm will generally be a breeze. Most major cities have traffic problems and you learn how best to play the game over time. If you avoid high traffic periods (7am, 5pm) the traffic is tolerable in my opinion.

The blue line has frequent service at all hours of the day and night, but not as comfortable as commuting on Metra or in a personal vehicle. Since the trains don't really have a set in stone schedule it's best to arrive at the station ready to wait at least 15-20 minutes, then the trains stop or get delayed often once en-route. On top of that the characters you meet on there will be interesting at first, but the novelty wears off pretty quickly. With that being said, if you want to live in the city and not own a car the CTA is an affordable option with frequent service. I know some people who live close enough to walk when it's nice out, but use the CTA when it's cold/storming/etc.

flynryan692

Was it released internally? I only see a Ramp Controller opening under "NOC Dispatch Scheduling Management Administrative Jobs", no Dispatch under anything else I look under either.

delavega

I had to view all the links until it lead me to United's talent website (Taleo - Talent service company for many companies). I got the confirmation email from talent after finishing their assessment. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nakruh01

I found it after logging into my job profile and then searching for it, but it seems to be missing from the main career page.

delavega

I found it after logging into my job profile and then searching for it, but it seems to be missing from the main career page.
I thought I was alone for a sec. Something's not right but hey I'm not complaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crjdxr

Whale watching over SCUPP
Random question for the Downtown Chicago Major Airline 'spatchers - If you had to guess, how many of your fellow 'spatchers commute? By commute I mean fly in versus taking the train or aforementioned highways and byways.

F9DXER

Id say about 5-10% (so that would be upto 45 or so)

AZ, CO, FL, KY, MN TX, SC, WA, and Guam (Yes that island out in the Pacific)
IN and WI - but those folks drive

bbmikej

Since it closed last week, what are we looking at, at least 2 weeks, until initial emails go out?