• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Turbocharged

86BravoPapa

I'm trying to find some good references for operating turbocharged pistons. Anything that lays out proper techniques during the various phases of flight and ground ops, gauge readings interpretation, etc.

An SR22T is the particular aircraft, currently, but general information for turbocharged systems would be great, too. Thanks everyone.

I'm trying to find some good references for operating turbocharged pistons. Anything that lays out proper techniques during the various phases of flight and ground ops, gauge readings interpretation, etc.

An SR22T is the particular aircraft, currently, but general information for turbocharged systems would be great, too. Thanks everyone.
Firewall: T/O to the marker. Works good. Lasts a long time.

Standing firm in my Snark!!! :: Everything forward: T/O to the marker. Works good. Lasts a long time.:p

Ok, ok. If you want serious... If you're flying a T550, everything forward to altitude. Then back to cruise settings... leave it there to 200 ft -or landing- with minor adjustments to throttle during descent (you actually could leave it WOT with prop pulled a bit for the whole flight). Better? :) The overthinking of engine operation discombobulates me wee mind.

Last edited:
The SR22T is turbonormalized. It's a bit different than your average turbocharger. It's been years since I have flown a TN aircraft, but essentially you run it WOT and adjust your mixture. Tornado Ally has some good info regarding the TN system, since that's their bread and butter.
I was going to say turbonormalized for the Cirrus. My eye doc just upgraded the engine in his 210 T to a TN and it flys a whole lot nicer. I keep telling him he needs a P210 though. I’d like to fly it instead of the cannula. 8)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk