1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump Budget Proposes to Defund EAS

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by hook_dupin, Mar 15, 2017.

1. wheelsup

wheelsup Well-Known Member

In today's world debt = money. The more debt, the more money. More money is good for an economy.

This assumes there is a slow, checked increase in the debt/money supply. Enter the job of the Federal Reserve. It seeks to maintain a balance. Too much inflation is bad, too little, or worse - deflation, is really bad. Just ask Japan.

2. FloridaLarry

FloridaLarry Well-Known Member

EAS ain't the half of it!

It's hard to see what parts of America are being made great again.

3. Seggy

Seggy Well-Known Member

Yes.

4. SeanD

SeanD Well-Known Member

Trump just attempted to throw FOX News under the bus over this wiretapping crap. You seriously cannot make this stuff up.

MarkE, jtrain609 and amorris311 like this.
  5. Derg

Derg Naval Intelligence, MCRN Staff Member

Yeah but the emails, @SeanD! :)

6. Crop Duster

Crop Duster UNSUB

Uh, well, since I grew up on a farm and I'm a farmer, I always thought I had worked - and even stood out - in my field. In consideration of your venom, however, perhaps I should revisit my analysis. I even know a thing or two about those degrees they got these days. I studied Ag at Wisconsin. It's an obscure school with a tiny little Ag department. Definitions of a hard day's work vary, however... I try to limit my work days from sun-up to sun-down. And a little secret just between you and me?? I even try to cheat and convince the cows not to calve between midnight and 4AM, but sometimes those stubborn bovines just don't listen and I gotta drag my sorry ass out to the barn at 3am, but I forthrightly admit, I do try to avoid it. Given all that, perhaps you were opining not on my work place, but rather on my work ethic and suggesting it's just not up to snuff. I'll endeavor to put more gumption into it.
    I find it always works best when I aim before firing, but that's just me, and you already know I try to do things the easy way.
    BTW, there are some great decaffeinated blends on the market these days, and anger management courses are available for free online. ;) ;)

Notwithstanding the misdirected ad hominem and the venom, you made some good points. I agree with most of your statement. :)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  7. killbilly

killbilly Vocals, Lyrics, Triangle, Washboard, Kittens

Y'know, I was about to point out that @Crop Duster was making a joke and maybe you oughta lighten up just a teensy bit on the city folk - not all of whom are from there and many have as varied experiences as those in the fields you cited....

....but then he came in with a pretty great post so I'm just going to defer to The Man From Wisconsin....ease up a bit, willya?

av8tr1 and Crop Duster like this.
  8. Crop Duster

Crop Duster UNSUB

When I was there, the mail was just an excuse to get the Pepsi to the village store. Or the Coke, depending on the village. It wasn't as bad a some Central and South American regions where people actually shoot each other over carbonated beverage distribution, but the keen observer could have learned a lot about identity politics by studying village allegiances to slightly varying sugar waters.

9. av8tr1

av8tr1 "Never tell me the odds!"

Douh! Sorry man there wasn't actually an venom behind my post (hard to tell in a internet post). As a fellow redneck who is proud of my ranching ways (cattle and horses) I am often disappointed in people who disparage farmers and ranchers with food in their mouths. Most of that post was not directed at you I just went off to left field after my response to the Mexican comment. I should have separated the posts. Actually I was responding to posts by @mshunter who I usually agree with.

I did totally fire before aiming by responding to your post directly for something others said and I apologize for that. Bad enough that I didn't pick up that your screen name is "crop duster" and get that probably meant something for a reason.

I'm one of those helicopter pilots so you'll need to give me the usual patience and understanding you do with slow and dimwitted among us. ;)

10. mshunter

mshunter Well-Known Member

JC needs more posts like this. It's called humility, and it's a lot easier than being an ass.

11. av8tr1

av8tr1 "Never tell me the odds!"

Oh no I am still an ass......

I just had....

[​IMG]

MikeFavinger likes this.
  12. Murdoughnut

Murdoughnut Well sized member

He's cutting their healthcare too, what's your point?

13. MikeFavinger

MikeFavinger Well-Known Member

If someone could find and post the dolla dolla bills y'all gif I'd appreciate it.

Resourced to do the job the American public expects of me? I'll take it.

Lawman likes this.
  14. CatchyScreenName

CatchyScreenName Well-Known Member

I can only guess that you don't know what fuel taxes are for?

15. Derg

Derg Naval Intelligence, MCRN Staff Member

Arizona Lottery dollars were to fund the schools but it went into the "general fund" with catlike quickness.

alaskadrifter and Seggy like this.
  16. jtrain609

jtrain609 Director of Operations at Tycho Station.

[​IMG]

MikeFavinger and Derg like this.
  17. Screaming_Emu

Screaming_Emu You people

And I rarely agree with many of your posts, but I agree with this one.

Our modern society is based on certain things, infrastructure being one of the big ones. A lot of these cities don't exactly have thriving economies, otherwise it would make financial sense for airlines to serve these communities on their own. Yes, there are a lot of places where you COULD theoretically drive to a bigger airport, but like your sweet delicious cheeseburger example, in a lot of cases it is in all of our best interests to support their link to the outside world.

On a bigger discussion, to me this is where government has a role. In industries/situations where having profit be a motivator would be counterproductive/immoral is where I believe government has a duty to step in. That's my frustration when people complain about things like the post office losing money. If profit was a large driving force, there would be a lot of places where it would be impossible/cost prohibitive to mail a letter, putting the affected communities at a huge disadvantage. It's easy to say "well, then they should just move!" But it's easy to forget that's not really an option for probably 90% of the population.

FloridaLarry and NovemberEcho like this.
  18. Screaming_Emu

Screaming_Emu You people

That is part of what bothers me so much about this administration. As the President of the United States you have unlimited information at your fingertips. Cable news shouldn't be a source of information. This literally is a guy sitting on the couch watching TV and trying to run the world off of soundbites.

tlove482, HRDiva, milleR and 3 others like this.
  19. Boris Badenov

Boris Badenov He comes to save the day in a broken truck.

IMHO, all of this comes back to those who consider themselves the Guardians of Class and Correctness. The failure is systemic. The same people who are chewing their lips wondering how this could ever possibly have happened are also those who profited wildly and unprecedentedly from the stratification of income and opportunity in this nation. They created a teeming underclass, and now pretend (?) to be astonished that this underclass could ever vote against their obviously superior and clearer Vision of what is right for, uh, you know, the little people. It would be hilarious if it weren't so tragic. The most repulsive thing about it is that they will go on being astonished, never having set even the shadow of a philangee anywhere near, say, Harlan, KY. Never having skipped a few stoplights in Detroit for fear of gunfire. It will remain a total f'ing mystery to them that these crazy poor people aren't praising them to the heavens for guiding the Rudder of State ever so slightly one way or the other just because most everyone they know can barely eat whilst Goldman execs have the endure only buying two Lambos due to the economic conditions. That's how you get a Trump, Murica. Many happy returns, I'm going back to the basement to get back to work on that raft.

Crop Duster and Screaming_Emu like this.
  20. Screaming_Emu

Screaming_Emu You people

That's where the gays and fetuses come into play. Get people worked up about that and they're more than willing to vote against their own self interests.