Traverse Air Multi Preperation

sfgiants13

I'm going to TVC to get my CMEL addon in a few weeks and am going to start some studying soon. I was sent the POH and I'm going to buy the oral guide. How else did you guys who went prepare for the ride? What was the ride like in general?

ComplexHiAv8r

Study the numbers for the plane. Prepare for alot of no flap landings (at least that was my experience). Do you have all the long cross countries, etc. out of the way? He isn't really prepared for that if needed. GOOD LUCK!!!

sfgiants13

I'll be there Sept 24-27 doing the training/ride on the 25 and 26. I just have to figure out where I'm staying and if it's worth it to rent a car or not (I'm under 25 so that's easily $100 extra in fees...but thankfully I work for an airline so I can cut out the flying cost since I fly free). I actually thought about going back a couple of weeks after to do the seaplane since that rating would be a whole lot of fun and a change in pace from the usual training. And it's an addon so I don't have any XC requirements since I already did that when I got my CSEL. XCs in a multi would be an expensive proposition!

akes

What everyone else said. I went up a month ago and got my initial. The study guide has pretty much everything you'll need. I did a lot of full flap landings. Tom will definitely take care of you and teach you the systems and multi aerodynamics. If you have any specific questions ask or pm me.

sfgiants13

Thanks guys. Did anyone find a rental car necessary for the trip? This is assuming that there is some sort of shuttle from whatever hotel I may be staying out to the airport.

Inverted25

Don't count on the shuttle plus you meet Tom in the picture taking parking lot because his plane is on the opposite side of the airport as the terminal. Just study what he sent you and you will be fine.

akes

If you're not looking to rent a car, you might try seeing if Tom will pick you up from your hotel. I know someone that had him do that for him.

rd757

I'm thinking about doing my MEI up there... I need to get it done soon, but literally can't afford to do it at the flight school I teach at. I have 24ME and 7 of that is PIC. Has anyone on here completed their MEI with Tom?

Inverted25

I'm thinking about doing my MEI up there... I need to get it done soon, but literally can't afford to do it at the flight school I teach at. I have 24ME and 7 of that is PIC. Has anyone on here completed their MEI with Tom?
I thought about it but ended up doing it at my company. He quoted me the same price though. He said it was the same checkride as the commercial just from the right seat and no approach