1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans States info

Discussion in 'Airline Pilots' started by sweeps, Feb 8, 2017.

1. sweeps

sweeps Undercarriage Acuator

Hey everyone,
    I was wondering if there are any pilots on the board flying for Trans States currently. If so I'd love to have a chat about the company if anyone is willing. Everything on APC seems to be the typical stuff it's known for haha. Looking for another side to the story I guess.

A little background. Coming from 135 with 21-30 days on the road at a time and looking for a bit of a schedule and at least knowing what I can plan for the next month. Also, I'm heavily considering making a career of 121 when I told myself even just a year ago I'd never fly for the airlines. After having a child and basically a total perspective shift on life(work wise at least), I realized that long term it's a much better route to take on regards to pay, benefits and stability. Probably not a good idea to hold out for that one in a million 91 job when you have little mouths to feed. I know that some regionals are probably better for pay and upgrades but we're looking to move to DEN so that's the initial appeal with TSA. Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  2. Tang1918

Tang1918 Well-Known Member

PM me for more info

3. crticalaoa

crticalaoa Well-Known Member

Stay away from TSA. Just look how deceiving their website is. The Denver part I understand.

Autothrust Blue likes this.
  4. sweeps

What part of it? The first year compensation? I can see through that and know what it means haha. Most recruiters and ads have deception in them, especially at the regional level lol.

5. sbe

sbe Well-Known Member

I'm at TSA. Feel free to message me.

6. launchpad

launchpad Well-Known Member

Reference the "life at compass" thread. Then search for 10 year old info from trans States. Things haven't changed much. If you go, don't go in blind.

7. Future Cpt Kirk

Future Cpt Kirk Well-Known Member

Was there for a year and a half. I left last fall for another carrier. I'd be very weary of going there. It was a very poorly run operation while I was there and the bottom fell out from under us with upward movement and upgrades. It's very stagnant now. If you want DEN, I'd look at SkyWest.

Autothrust Blue likes this.
  8. Autothrust Blue

Autothrust Blue "This is a God damn waste of time!"

OMG YOU WILL NEVER SIT RESERVE AND UPGRADE AS SOON AS YOU ARE HIRED

9. SFCC/UND

SFCC/UND Well-Known Member

We been upgrading about 6 a month. Plus people are getting DEN out of training. TSA is a good company to get your time and get out. Lots of movement here now.

10. Future Cpt Kirk

When I left, there had been no upgrades in six months. There may be classes of six a month now, but for a new hire that translates into a looooooong time to upgrade. When I left, it was still two or more years for me to upgrade factoring a five per month upgrade class, every month with no gaps (and there ended up being a six or seven month period with no upgrades)... And I was there a year and a half. So in terms of quick movement, I would disagree.

You are correct in saying that new hires are being sent to DEN now. But for a new hire, there are better pay and career opportunities out there. Stagnation, a Payroll dept that robs you every month, poor management, and a likely downsize in the future when the AA contract is up (Parker has said those airplane go to a WO).... I wouldn't recommend a new hire go to tsa right now. Great pilot group, but the wave has passed there. My opinion.

11. B200 Hawk

B200 Hawk Well-Known Member

Not that I care or am rah rah for TSA but this bolded statement is not true. I think maybe 3 months was the longest stretch without upgrades.

#fakenews

12. Future Cpt Kirk

Unless I missed a bid or upgrade list, I do not believe there were upgrades between August and February. So five or six months. But if I missed a class of five or six that snuck in there somewhere, then I stand corrected.

13. SFCC/UND

SFCC/UND Well-Known Member

I'm sure the company that you jump ship to has their own problems as well. Will rainmaker solve our payroll problems? Maybe? TSA went from 30 something to 60 plus planes, so there are going to be issues. But seems like you more focus on the upgrade, when you forget how many pilots were downgraded and were FO for years. Rumor is 6 upgrades per month till the fall. Plus if we do lose the AA flying in a couple years, there are still TSA planes parked that will come online for UA.

14. sweeps

Thanks for the info everyone