Total # of fligts dispatched

F9DXER

Well here I am sitting at work (OT) doing my 4 flights. :)

It got me thinking of about how many flights I have actually dispatched. Now there is no way I will ever know the exact amount
but after 22 years in this career, and a little bit of averaging, I figure it has come out to be around 90,000.

manniax

Well-met in the Ka-tet
Yeah, I remember the good ole regional days of doing something like 65 releases in a shift...now I would say I'm closer to a 10-12 per shift average, working international flights. Of course, a long-haul flight takes a lot more planning than a 30 minute flight, but it's still a much more manageable workload...not that I am complaining. As far as how many I have released over the years...I'd have to work up an estimate but I would imagine my total is going up much more slowly now than it once was. #majorlife

TaxiBack

Plane planes planes
I usually have 4-8 each day...."Makes me feel sad for the rest". Its not bad until you are passed down 16 planes in the air all over the globe with 2 diverting to some piece of sand in the Indian Ocean and another keeps calling on the satphone to get ball scores. As for the total... I'm pretty sure I have dispatched,....ONE MILLION flights!

who'swho

Don't hesitate. Penetrate!
I usually have 4-8 each day...."Makes me feel sad for the rest". Its not bad until you are passed down 16 planes in the air all over the globe with 2 diverting to some piece of sand in the Indian Ocean and another keeps calling on the satphone to get ball scores. As for the total... I'm pretty sure I have dispatched,....ONE MILLION flights!
drevil_cover.jpg

mrezee

Living the dream!
There's a Dispatcher at my shop that keeps an excel spreadsheet of every flight he's dispatched. City pair, number of miles, number of pax on board, etc. just for statistical purposes. Kinda cool, but I wouldn't have the patience to keep it updated every single day.

Delta Echo

There's a Dispatcher at my shop that keeps an excel spreadsheet of every flight he's dispatched. City pair, number of miles, number of pax on board, etc. just for statistical purposes. Kinda cool, but I wouldn't have the patience to keep it updated every single day.
One would think with flight planing systems keeping the required previous 90 days releases, it cold keep a running tally of how many releases a dispatcher puts out.

dispatchguy

I could see that being a liability - the statute of limitations on a release is three months (121.695(b)), even if it isn't the official record.

CrippleHawk

Long ago when I dispatched...Did around 80-110 in a 10 hour shift plus delay codes.
Now if the hub gets bad weather it's a really bad day. Outstation? Not so much.

QXSOUP

90-100 was the norm at OO back when the bro's were around. LAX-ONT 35 times a day gets boring.