Too much skin can get you booted from flights; law backs airlines

fholbert

Mod's - Please don't edit my posts!
A woman flying from Las Vegas on Southwest this spring says she was confronted by an airline employee for showing too much cleavage. In another recent case, an American Airlines pilot lectured a passenger because her T-shirt bore a four-letter expletive. She was allowed to keep flying after draping a shawl over the shirt.

http://kathrynaviationnews.com/?p=79389

rframe

pǝʇɹǝʌuı
Good for them. People can be free to act like idiots, they just shouldn't expect everybody else to tolerate it in their place of business.

FlyingScot

Spanish Proficient
It makes sense for them to censor a persons •drobe on flights because their neighbor may not be comfortable sharing a seat next to someone dressed up for something only appropriate for Halloween. However I have seen pictures of the guy pictured above and this is one of his modest outfits, somehow I think his choice of clothing would be protected. At least he's not showing too much cleavage.

Derg

Cap, Roci
Staff member
I've fly thousands every month and I can't say I've really even noticed any. But then, the Clampetts aren't normally flying to Europe and Asia.

I did have a situation a few years ago when a passenger was reading some book about how George Bush and some Bildeberg was responsible for a controlled demolition of the world trade center and the flight attendant wanted us to kick her off the jet because she thought she was a terr'rist.

The captain asked what would she do, throw the book at us?

People should dress appropriately and others shouldn't take such crazy reactions to those that don't.

Sent from my TRS-80

JordanD

Honorary Member
I've fly thousands every month and I can't say I've really even noticed any. But then, the Clampetts aren't normally flying to Europe and Asia.

I did have a situation a few years ago when a passenger was reading some book about how George Bush and some Bildeberg was responsible for a controlled demolition of the world trade center and the flight attendant wanted us to kick her off the jet because she thought she was a terr'rist.

People should dress appropriately and others shouldn't take such crazy reactions to those that don't.

Sent from my TRS-80

Sent from my TRS-80
You mean be reasonable? Never!

Richman

If anyone would take the 60 seconds it requires to read the "Contract for Carriage" on the back of their ticket, or on teh intrawebs, they would see exactly what they are entitled to.

Richman

Autothrust Blue

"Duuuuuude."

Now that's just stupid.

tomokc

If my daughter and I are stuck next to the guy above, can I ask for a reseat? (Him or us - I don't care who gets moved.)

Derg

Cap, Roci
Staff member
As long as the airline has a policy that's followed

The last thing i want to see is one of our more "evangelical" captains back there bouncing passengers for not being chaste enough.

That'd make for a long day.

Sent from my TRS-80

mad2fly

As long as the airline has a policy that's followed

The last thing i want to see is one of our more "evangelical" captains back there bouncing passengers for not being chaste enough.

That'd make for a long day.
Amen.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Derg

Cap, Roci
Staff member
Obviously the guy thrives on attention.

I think if he drives you that crazy, shop Googling his photo and he'll magically do something else.

JayAre

I used to J/S to Burbank every sunday night from Vegas. If I was lucky I would sit next to them in the cabin. Beautiful and well brested women who only worked the weekend in Vegas. Even better when it was bumpy they always needed a hand to hold or leg to grab.