Tips & Tricks of the Trade

av8tr1

"Never tell me the odds!"
I don't watch TV, but I play games. I would love to set my PS4 on the hotel WIFI to play online, but the hotels always have some sort of block. Anyone know a way to get online working ?
Get a VPN like Private Internet Access. Get a travel router and have the connection go either through the travel router or a laptop then over the VPN.

CirrusMonkey

No Real Usefulness
To the uninitiated, chili can be dangerous. Once it begins to percolate like coffee in a coffee maker and the rumble before the storm begins, there is no going back. And, when that moment of truth arrives as you feel the bead of sweat on your forehead and your back snaps as your sphincter muscles tighten from the explosive decompression, you are thankful that you're not anywhere near the controls of an airplane.
Voted top post of 2017.

MaRiO FDZ

Han Solo is NOT dead!!
Buy a portable oven
Makes for a great conversation piece on transcons while you reheat 3 day old wet salmon you've been dragging around the concourse
that and clam chowder cans.

Aprende a hablar español un poco. Hace maravillas.
Or another prevalent language.
Excelente sugerencia. If any of y'all happen to fly GA to Mexico, just go to FBO's or handlers, the price is completely worth it.

One thing I learned spending 5+ years in Texas-real chili doesn't have beans.
No place like Texas. Yeehaw

Dropp

The issue I have with synthetic material is how it melts and adheres to human flesh in a post crash fire. Natural materials burn, but burn away. Everything I wear is cotton, silk, or wool. Shoes are leather. The only two things that aren't 100% natural are the coat and hat, and I damn sure ain't gonna waste time with them when the immediate surroundings are ablaze!

U_of_I_Tweak

I don't watch TV, but I play games. I would love to set my PS4 on the hotel WIFI to play online, but the hotels always have some sort of block. Anyone know a way to get online working ?
The internet gave me good advice for the Xbox. Because you can't log in to most wifi - most hotels use a web based log in - you have to look in a different device and then use it's MAC address for the gaming system.

I use an iPad to log in. The MAC is fairly easy to find under the general information section of the settings app. I think it's called a wifi address. I don't know about the PS4, but with the Xbox in the network settings there is an option for using an alternate MAC address. Input the address from the device previously logged on in that window.

The original device has to be turned off, as two cannot use the same MAC address.

This has worked for me playing Call of Duty online on my last trip.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Galaitoto

The internet gave me good advice for the Xbox. Because you can't log in to most wifi - most hotels use a web based log in - you have to look in a different device and then use it's MAC address for the gaming system.

I use an iPad to log in. The MAC is fairly easy to find under the general information section of the settings app. I think it's called a wifi address. I don't know about the PS4, but with the Xbox in the network settings there is an option for using an alternate MAC address. Input the address from the device previously logged on in that window.

The original device has to be turned off, as two cannot use the same MAC address.

This has worked for me playing Call of Duty online on my last trip.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Thanks, I also found a workaround on YouTube. My trick is when the ps4 attempts to log on to WiFi, after it fails I press the triangle button which is the troubleshooting option. Then it brings me to the hotel WiFi login page, there I enter the password and it works! Speaking of PS4, I’m about to play BF1 now. Thanks for your help

M20B_pilot

Slightly different but I had a great winter as a junior lineholder at NewCo with SimCity 2000 on my laptop with a Windows emulator.

Even found an old screenshot of the season's reserve work.

Man, I sure miss that game!

bike21

9-5 Ruins Lives
Just started to organize a list so we can put all the tips in the first post, keep'em coming!

CFI A&P

Exploring the world one toilet at a time.
Who the hell plays video games on an overnight? I cannot remember the last time I even turned on the damn hotel TV. SMH.
You're missing out on endless hours of Law & Order or Roadhouse. However, now that Marriott properties have TED talks available, it is at least interesting material.