Tips & Tricks of the Trade

Screaming_Emu

Joe Conventional
The issue I have with synthetic material is how it melts and adheres to human flesh in a post crash fire. Natural materials burn, but burn away. Everything I wear is cotton, silk, or wool. Shoes are leather. The only two things that aren't 100% natural are the coat and hat, and I damn sure ain't gonna waste time with them when the immediate surroundings are ablaze!

YMMV.
Well, don't crash and it won't be a problem!

Dexter

Hop off there, Blonde Ambition Tour
The issue I have with synthetic material is how it melts and adheres to human flesh in a post crash fire. Natural materials burn, but burn away. Everything I wear is cotton, silk, or wool. Shoes are leather. The only two things that aren't 100% natural are the coat and hat, and I damn sure ain't gonna waste time with them when the immediate surroundings are ablaze!

YMMV.
If I'm in a crash my last thought will be, "sh*t I wore the wrong undershirt for this."

inventor

If I'm in a crash my last thought will be, "sh*t I wore the wrong undershirt for this."
That's kinda weird. My last thoughts would be about my loved ones.

Also the gallon ziplocks are great for putting boxers and socks in and compressing the air out. Take up less room.

n57flyguy

I started wearing the under armor stuff, but I've found the C9 undershirts from Target to be more comfortable and cheaper. Plus you can get the compression ones that take up a little less room, don't get untucked as easy, and as an added bonus suck the beer gut in just a little
Does the overshirt pocket area cover the chest logo on those? I was looking at UA undershirts but didn't like how the logo showed.

killbilly

Vocals, Lyrics, Triangle, Washboard, Kittens
Does the overshirt pocket area cover the chest logo on those? I was looking at UA undershirts but didn't like how the logo showed.
The ones he's talking about from Target are plain. Won't show. I bought a couple for working out and am surprised at how good they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CFI A&P

Exploring the world one toilet at a time.
These tips may not help the 121 crews, but is rather for the 91/135 crowd. Use a points & loyalty service such as Award Wallet to track all loyalty program points. Award Wallet will advise you of expiring points or upcoming promotions you may want to participate in. Also The Points Guy is worth keeping up with. TPG can also help you determine which credit card or mileage program is best suited for your travel.

The Points Guy has tips on how to parlay one program with another. Such as Platinum at Marriott will get you silver status on United. If you're not Platinum at Marriott you can request a challenge to obtain status. Something like eight nights in three months and you'll be awarded a higher status tier.

Last edited:

Screaming_Emu

Joe Conventional
I don't believe so. I have the same issue with the UA ones. Even if the C9 ones do, the logo seems to be easy to remove. At least the one on my oldest shirt is gone.

Plata

I don't believe so. I have the same issue with the UA ones. Even if the C9 ones do, the logo seems to be easy to remove. At least the one on my oldest shirt is gone.
Roadrunner Sports sells synthetic tee shirts in white with logos done in silver. The logos are small and do not show through a uniform shirt.

BigZ

"If you don't want to see my undershirt logo or my support for AC/DC, I fly just as good in polo shirts" ;)

FloridaLarry

Cincinati-based Skyline Chili is an acquired taste (there are also clones). Closer to a Mediteranean sauce for spaghetti & hot dogs (ie: health food). Contains different spices (notably cinnamon) and dark chocolate. There are canned varieties under their brand in supermarkets.

Try it terrestrially first. :eek2:

Quarryman

Cincinati-based Skyline Chili is an acquired taste (there are also clones). Closer to a Mediteranean sauce for spaghetti & hot dogs (ie: health food). Contains different spices (notably cinnamon) and dark chocolate. There are canned varieties under their brand in supermarkets.

Try it terrestrially first. :eek2:
Skyline chili is a character building exercise

Cass

You'll have that
These tips may not help the 121 crews, but is rather for the 91/135 crowd. Use a points & loyalty service such as Award Wallet to track all loyalty program points. Award Wallet will advise you of expiring points or upcoming promotions you may want to participate in. Also The Points Guy is worth keeping up with. TPG can also help you determine which credit card or mileage program is best suited for your travel.

The Points Guy has tips on how to parlay one program with another. Such as Platinum at Marriott will get you silver status on United. If you're not Platinum at Marriott you can request a challenge to obtain status. Something like eight nights in three months and you'll be awarded a higher status tier.
To add, another 91 ProTip-

There are some sweet credit cards out there for expenses. Rewards, cash back, miles, strip club vouchers... whatever floats your boat. Take full advantage of that if you're on the road a lot, they can pile up nicely.