Tips & Tricks of the Trade

av8tr1

"Never tell me the odds!"
How well is it working? The reviews a few months ago were terrible.
So far really good. I never had the issues people were reporting. Very occasionally I get a short buffer pause, no more than 5 seconds or so. Usually less than 2 seconds. I attribute the issues people are reporting to their network connection. I setup a QOS rule on my router but since I started traveling with it I haven't noticed any issues. And rarely had any issues at home. And I was a first day adopter.

On the firestick it's pretty fast. Roughly the same on my Roku but it's the 4K version.

Only time I have issues is on the desk top on my older laptop. But every stand alone device works perfectly.

The only problem is now I watch a lot of TV and get sucked into shows. But since I spend most of my life sitting around in hotel rooms or airports on reserve or commuting it's not an issue.

Boris Badenov

Someone should definitely do *something*, Captain!
Use this logic for white undershirts as well. I'll never wear a cotton undershirt again!
This makes great sense for an F/O. But if you're a C/A, just make the other guy not stink and do the briefings, etc. I worked hardish to get here, putting up with my manly musk is just one way in which you pay your dues. Wait, where's my catering?

Screaming_Emu

Joe Conventional
Use this logic for white undershirts as well. I'll never wear a cotton undershirt again!
I started wearing the under armor stuff, but I've found the C9 undershirts from Target to be more comfortable and cheaper. Plus you can get the compression ones that take up a little less room, don't get untucked as easy, and as an added bonus suck the beer gut in just a little

texas_pilot

Want to twist the other epaulet wearers off, buy a 10 pack of 1 oz liquor of choice and enclose in a 1 qt. ziplock Baggie in your carryon.
( worked back in 09)

BigZ

That's not a beer gut, it's my shed. Otherwise known as a dickeedo. (I'm still working on it though. Doesn't quite protect the garden tools from driving rain yet)
OT morning joke: Why large women make fine companions - they keep you warm in the winter and provide adequate shade in the summer.

Dexter

Hop off there, Blonde Ambition Tour

Cptnchia

Dissatisfied Customer
The issue I have with synthetic material is how it melts and adheres to human flesh in a post crash fire. Natural materials burn, but burn away. Everything I wear is cotton, silk, or wool. Shoes are leather. The only two things that aren't 100% natural are the coat and hat, and I damn sure ain't gonna waste time with them when the immediate surroundings are ablaze!

YMMV.

drunkenbeagle

Gang Member
The issue I have with synthetic material is how it melts and adheres to human flesh in a post crash fire.
Nomex is a synthetic material. Has way better thermal properties compared to most natural fibers, as do others.

But hey, I fly and in Florida and it is hot. I wear as little as possible.

Cptnchia

Dissatisfied Customer
Nomex is the obvious answer to your concerns. Just ask @ATN_Pilot

Well, ask him later, as I'm pretty sure he's glued to his TV for election returns at the moment.
Nomex is a synthetic material. Has way better thermal properties compared to most natural fibers, as do others.

But hey, I fly and in Florida and it is hot. I wear as little as possible.
You guys find me a uniform supplier that produces air line uniform pieces in nomex, and drinks are on me.