Thinking About Sun Country?

A80TRACON

I do the best imitation of myself
"fly the world" is a little bit of a stretch considering they fly to Central America, Caribbean and North America, according to their interactive map.

Finny

"fly the world" is a little bit of a stretch considering they fly to Central America, Caribbean and North America, according to their interactive map.
They do a lot of DOD Charters across the globe as well. Lots of Europe and Middle East flying with that.

A80TRACON

I do the best imitation of myself
I see they used to have a few DC-10's, but retired them in 2001. All I see now is that they only own 73's.

I thought they were on par with Allegiant?

Ecl!pse

View attachment 44485

Wait, are they actually using this as a selling point? This is awful! I do better than this for my employees at a little property management company, and an airline can’t do better?
Better than I've seen at my carriers on the management/corporate side!

They won't get to the same level as Allegiant, but their model is moving to something much closer to Allegiant than the previous Sun Country model. The new CEO is ex-Allegiant and they are now owned by a large private equity firm, so they will chase the segment of the market that generates the best returns. That right now appears to be closer to ULCC than anything else. Sun Country has already started the transformation by announcing they will remove first class, install slim-line seats and increase density on their 737's, start retiring the 737-700's, etc. Like I said, they won't get to Allegiant level, but they'll be pretty close - the end product will very similar to Spirit & Frontier I suspect.

redwings191

Better than I've seen at my carriers on the management/corporate side!

They won't get to the same level as Allegiant, but their model is moving to something much closer to Allegiant than the previous Sun Country model. The new CEO is ex-Allegiant and they are now owned by a large private equity firm, so they will chase the segment of the market that generates the best returns. That right now appears to be closer to ULCC than anything else. Sun Country has already started the transformation by announcing they will remove first class, install slim-line seats and increase density on their 737's, start retiring the 737-700's, etc. Like I said, they won't get to Allegiant level, but they'll be pretty close - the end product will very similar to Spirit & Frontier I suspect.
I guess I was referring more to the pay scales. But, yes, you're right. That is the direction SC is headed.

Rodger Wilco

I thought that there was some big announcement coming up soon. Is this the big announcement?

Realisitically, is anyone going to actually consider this a career airline? Or would someone simply use this as a resume polish for the bigs?
I would need a lot more information but believe it or not, I'm considering it. I live in Minneapolis and I don't like commuting. I know that the pay doesn't compare to the majors but if QOL/Pay is better than my current regional... ...it's a possibility.

I thought that there was some big announcement coming up soon. Is this the big announcement?

I would need a lot more information but believe it or not, I'm considering it. I live in Minneapolis and I don't like commuting. I know that the pay doesn't compare to the majors but if QOL/Pay is better than my current regional... ...it's a possibility.
Better than your current regional doesn’t make it good. And all you do is hurt the pilot group’s negotiating abilities if you show up to class for sub-industry standard wages.

I mean let’s be honest here. 3rd year CAs at Endeavor can earn more and have better quality of life.