1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things to know before you buy!

Discussion in 'Aircraft Ownership' started by mrivc211, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Cessnaflyer

Cessnaflyer Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

The articles are about income tax and not a sales/use tax. Also, on Washington States website they say the paid portion of the sales tax in another state will be used as a credit against the Washington use tax.

I am going off of what aircraft brokers have told me they do for clients in the state. They will land at a lower taxed area and use the fuel and parking fee as the location the aircraft first arrived in the state and it has been accepted by the department of revenue.

2. av8tr1

av8tr1 "Never tell me the odds!"

Sign....aircraft brokers are about the most useless people in aviation. A good tax attorney or CPA will get that thrown out.

3. Cessnaflyer

Cessnaflyer Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Why? People do it all the time. Pay for parking for 91 days somewhere else and that counts over the 90 days within the state.

4. av8tr1

av8tr1 "Never tell me the odds!"

Sure 90 days is written into the law as the time required to intend to take up residence. I think the state requires you to be here 90 days before registering for somethings.

But you said the first place you land even if only getting gas. That's just ridiculous. However if you were talking specifically about King County I would totally believe it. Wouldn't agree that it's legal but king county management is certifiably insane at every level. The stupid is strong in Seattle proper.

mrivc211 and Cessnaflyer like this.
  5. Roger Roger

Roger Roger Navajo Whisperer

@mrivc211 are either of your planes getting caught in this Lycoming connecting rod bushing AD fiasco?

mrivc211 likes this.
  6. mrivc211

mrivc211 Well-Known Member

One thing you could do is look through the logbooks of when it was replaced and compare that to the average lifespan of the pump. I had my A/I go out on a Tuesday. Directional Gyro go out the next week. Then the pump went out two weeks later. They usually give you credit for the core of the old instrument but since my old one was 17 years old, they hit me with the $750 fee to replace it. I don't pay for lavor on minor fix it items because I have an A&P that works with me.

7. mrivc211

Good question. No, the engines were not replaced within the time period of the emergency AD.

Roger Roger likes this.
  8. mrivc211

In southern california, since the weather is always VFR, you can just wait till the pump fails. You rarely ever fly IFR in a 152 lol.

Roger Roger likes this.
  9. killbilly

killbilly Vocals, Lyrics, Triangle, Washboard, Kittens

I haven't done any flying on the west coast, but I'd really, really like to. What's the deal with the Marine Layer(tm)? I've heard that it can totally screw VFR operations.

10. EIR

EIR Well-Known Member

The best advice I can give is get a very thorough pre-buy. Hell, you might as well make the pre-buy an annual.

11. z987k

z987k TeamANC

You know what's amazing? Iridium plugs. And they're $8 each.