1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The right time is never... right?

Discussion in 'Family Life' started by JDean3204, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Lawman

Lawman Well-Known Member

I’m honestly thrilled for a girl.

First time around I was dragged kicking and screaming going I’m not able to do this but god please if I have to let it be a boy.... This time I’m like friggen bring it... I’ll teach her to braid hair, run a table saw, and help her pick out her lightsaber color because while my wife says she has to be a Disney Princess she didn’t say which Disney Princess.

2. alaskadrifter

alaskadrifter Noob

Yup. I’m going to make sure Ellie can outshoot all the boys :).

A Life Aloft and Lawman like this.
  3. A Life Aloft

A Life Aloft Well-Known Member

Congrats!!!! That is just so awesome, really. So happy for both of you! No matter how old she gets, she'll always be your little girl. Forever.

Lawman likes this.
  4. BigZ

BigZ Well-Known Member

Congrats!!!
    Mine has a four foot Darth Vader and a matching stormtrooper, but also be prepared for a boatload of My Little Pony. Matter of fact, start watching MLP now, it actually has a decent plot to it and all sorts of life lessons built in.
    I popped the dvd in for a movie night once we found out we were having a girl, wife's initial reaction was dafuq, told her we gotta screen the cartoons for when the little girl arrives, thankfully ponies quickly replaced the whatever vampire BS she was killing her braincells with. Binged on the 4-5 or however many seasons were out at that time. Fun times.

5. Roger Roger

Roger Roger Paid to sleep, fly for fun

We’ve dodged MLP so far. We do a lot of PBS Kids stuff...curious George (which surprisingly teaches a lot of science and problem solving), Wild Kratts (animals), Nature Cat (more nature and animals), Word Girl (vocab/grammar). Also music-Peter Hollens and Piano Guys are two of our favorite channels.

BigZ and alaskadrifter like this.
  6. Roger Roger

Roger Roger Paid to sleep, fly for fun

Girls are great-up until about age 11 when you start being “daaaad *eyeroll” instead of “DADDY!!!! *jump up and down*”. Or so I’ve been told. For now I’m treasuring my 3 and 1 year olds...

BigZ and alaskadrifter like this.
  7. BigZ

BigZ Well-Known Member

I can report that they are still alright at 5

alaskadrifter likes this.
  8. Bear

Bear Well-Known Member

Congrats to all new parents! A consolation prize to being parents is hopefully being grandparents. For myself, parenthood was all to often from a distance, yet if you're 'healthy, wealthy, and wise' and can retire early when you still have the vitality of doing all those great active things with your children and their children, as a grandparent of three for now 17 years, those seemingly lost years as a parent have long been forgotten.

9. alaskadrifter

alaskadrifter Noob

Isn’t this all kids around 11-13?