The pilot shortage and dirtbag 135 outfits

Autothrust Blue

"I’d make a suggestion but you won’t listen”
Is it bad that I almost want to send them my resume and state, "Your terms of employment are modified as follows: (1) The Company will pay the initial and recurrent training costs, including simulator costs, aircraft checkouts if required and the pilot's personal expenses up to and including GSA per diem rates during that time; (2) The Company will not require a signed commitment or bond for pilot's training costs"?

Jordan93

Is it bad that I almost want to send them my resume and state, "Your terms of employment are modified as follows: (1) The Company will pay the initial and recurrent training costs, including simulator costs, aircraft checkouts if required and the pilot's personal expenses up to and including GSA per diem rates during that time; (2) The Company will not require a signed commitment or bond for pilot's training costs"?

deadstick

Aren’t G4 types going pretty cheap, now? I bet the company even has a guy who’ll do it in aircraft for less. You ya rot pay cash for the plane, though.

Prino

It’s almost as genius as this guy. Man who created own credit card sues bank for not sticking to terms

bimmerphile

SuperCritical™ Member
I'm busy enough right now, but if I had a lot of time on my hands I might be inclined to make a LOT of e-mail addresses and resumes and send them to places like this.

But - to be FAAAIIRRR!
They are most or less asking for your consent before they sodomize you. It's 2019 and all....
to be faaaiiiiiirrrrrrr

Cherokee_Cruiser

South Florida operators are shady.

That said, I see where they are coming from. If I’m reading this correctly, it says you pay the initial type and they reimburse you for it over 12 months and after this 1 yr, the company pays all. It’s their version of a training contract. Let’s be honest, if pilots “did the right thing” then this wouldn’t be necessary. Every time I hear a guy who quit a flying job in less than 1 year, I can’t help but think he screwed the company because that wasn’t long enough to recover the type rating cost. For the first 2 months or more (3 months) the company is investing in you and giving you a type. They have put in money into you, and they aren’t extracting any flying out of you for this duration. And you can counter argue that the operator should pay more. While that’s a valid argument, the reality is that no matter the pay, younger/youngish pilots will still leave in 6 months if Delta calls. By doing what they’re doing, they’re trying to make sure the pilot has a vested interest not to leave in less than 12 months. I’m sure a GIV type is one of the expensive for corp jets compared to Learjet or Hawker types.

I dunno. To me this is like a training contract that even regional airlines here have done some years ago.

Autothrust Blue

"I’d make a suggestion but you won’t listen”
South Florida operators are shady.

That said, I see where they are coming from. If I’m reading this correctly, it says you pay the initial type and they reimburse you for it over 12 months and after this 1 yr, the company pays all. It’s their version of a training contract. Let’s be honest, if pilots “did the right thing” then this wouldn’t be necessary. Every time I hear a guy who quit a flying job in less than 1 year, I can’t help but think he screwed the company because that wasn’t long enough to recover the type rating cost. For the first 2 months or more (3 months) the company is investing in you and giving you a type. They have put in money into you, and they aren’t extracting any flying out of you for this duration. And you can counter argue that the operator should pay more. While that’s a valid argument, the reality is that no matter the pay, younger/youngish pilots will still leave in 6 months if Delta calls. By doing what they’re doing, they’re trying to make sure the pilot has a vested interest not to leave in less than 12 months. I’m sure a GIV type is one of the most expensive for corp jets.

I dunno. To me this is like a training contract that even regional airlines here have done some years ago.
*** are apparently still doing (MQ)