The market has spoken

nibake

Powder hound
No internal memos about this yet, but the recruiting website now shows a slight uptick in first year pay and more notably, paid ATP/CTP. If I'm not mistaken, a national airline offering paid ATP/CTP to applicants in general is a first.

> Compensation and Contributions

Also, hold onto your seats for this one, hotels are now paid for training.

One small step for Minnesota's sun-on-the-tail™ airline, one giant leap for pilot quality, or recruitment, or something.

DE727UPS

The flip side is artificial and economic barriers tend to produce somebody who wants it more and would arguably be a better pilot. I'm all for the airlines not having a free ride anymore with pilot recruitment but hopefully they can also keep the quality level up there.

Autothrust Blue

"I’d make a suggestion but you won’t listen”
No internal memos about this yet, but the recruiting website now shows a slight uptick in first year pay and more notably, paid ATP/CTP. If I'm not mistaken, a national airline offering paid ATP/CTP to applicants in general is a first.

One small step for Minnesota's sun-on-the-tail™ airline, one giant leap for pilot quality, or recruitment, or something.
“Whoooeeee! That may have been a small one for Neil, but it was a big one for me!”

bimmerphile

SuperCritical™ Member

You must be looking elsewhere. They are advertising a paid ATP-CPT. Way different.

NickH

Dank Meme
I'd guess that is mostly because all of the other national (non regional) airlines have a deep enough applicant pool that they don't need to offer an ATP course.
For now. Coming soon! Regionals are struggling, locusts and ACMI freight are next. Those that have a recent contract, like Spirit and Frontier, might hold out longer.

Autothrust Blue

For now. Coming soon! Regionals are struggling, locusts and ACMI freight are next. Those that have a recent contract, like Spirit and Frontier, might hold out longer.
I'd say pretty much every airline is going to have to have a CTP or some mechanism by which people in their various pipelines do CTP, at some point or another.

Screaming_Emu

Great and Unmatched Wisdom
Some markets are yelling.

Autothrust Blue

How about we focus on building airplanes that dont crash themselves first.
THAT IS BECAUSE OF DANGEROUS FOREIGN PILOTS. AMERICAN PILOTS WOULD HAVE NEVER ALLOWED THE STABILIZER TO REACH THE FULL AND LIMIT. AMERICAN PILOTS ARE INHERENTLY MORE SAFE. AND THE 737 MAX IS THE GREATEST, SAFEST, MOST YOOJ AIRLINER EVER. WE SHOULD HAVE OUR AIRPLANES BACK RIGHT NOW. MAGAAAAAAAA.

- some Yank 737 driver, indubitably, somewhere, as I type this

Note: anything I ever write in all caps is either complete and utter sarcasm, or referring to an actual control or indication.

Some markets are yelling.

Labor gets the screws, management gets raises. There is nothing new under the sun.