The Jerry clown show.

denverpilot

The best part is the last scene and they say “break right!” and jerry banks left. If that doesn’t exactly sum him up precisely i don’t know what does lol
Haha I liked that too. The original movie has a number of those. Did coursework on film editing back then and had a VHS tape of editing mistakes from various aviation movies that were attempted to be hidden by action and fast cuts. :)

Ajax

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Loosely related, we had a guy come in and check in with us about being a PPL before the flight. My captain told me that since I was about to time out I should go tell the guy that I may not be legal for the landing so we might need him to finish the flight for us.

I didn't have the heart to do it.

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun
Loosely related, we had a guy come in and check in with us about being a PPL before the flight. My captain told me that since I was about to time out I should go tell the guy that I may not be legal for the landing so we might need him to finish the flight for us.

I didn't have the heart to do it.
That’s pretty much how I feel as 135 scum asking for a ride.

ASpilot2be

Qbicle seat warmer
Think so...
Story time?

zmiller4

But what if you circumnavigated a thunderstorm first? Would that qualify you for deserving a window seat?

(I realize this reference may predate you at jetcareers)
Still the best thread ever.

"I fly aircraft! I'm used to seeing my surroundings - this is awkward!"

A man yelled, "She's a pilot!"...in an attempt to pursuade someone to work with me.

I ended up trading seats with the lady, all the while being glared at by at least 25% of the passengers.

And I flew the 757-200 sim at NATCO DANGIT...ON ONE ENGINE OUT OF EAGLE COLORADO AND THEN CIRCUMNAVIGATED A THUNDERSTORM!!! And what do these PAX do?! Glare at me.

Ajax

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
My god

My life is now better having read that.

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
there’s no way that wasn’t a troll in the infant days of trolling. Dudes an OG. I feel like y’all get played and you didn’t even know what happened to you!

Ajax

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
there’s no way that wasn’t a troll in the infant days of trolling. Dudes an OG. I feel like y’all get played and you didn’t even know what happened to you!
Possible, but I'm not sold on it. Pilots are weird.

What ever happened to her, she hasn't posted in years. Did that thread scare her away? It's happened, remember the guy who jumped in uniform from Japan and tried to help out the FAs and they didn't like him one bit? He pretty much disappeared.

...and possibly reappeared under a new name.

denverpilot

What ever happened to her, she hasn't posted in years. Did that thread scare her away?
The site stats say the username was used up until two years after the post. Assuming those are accurate...

GypsyPilot

What ever happened to her, she hasn't posted in years. Did that thread scare her away? It's happened, remember the guy who jumped in uniform from Japan and tried to help out the FAs and they didn't like him one bit? He pretty much disappeared.

...and possibly reappeared under a new name.
He’s on APC now, but still says the same stuff.

Crop Duster

E pluribus unum
But what if you circumnavigated a thunderstorm first? Would that qualify you for deserving a window seat?

(I realize this reference may predate you at jetcareers)
HOLY...schnikies!

Are you gonna volunteer to be our very own JC archivist??

This is quality stuff, my man. We really need someone on board to pull up more of these rare ancient gems!!!

Damn!

Crop Duster

E pluribus unum
Probably true. Back when trolls were freakin' literary. ;)

If she really was a pilot, she should put that •e on her resumé. ;)

Crop Duster

E pluribus unum
Haha I liked that too. The original movie has a number of those. Did coursework on film editing back then and had a VHS tape of editing mistakes from various aviation movies that were attempted to be hidden by action and fast cuts. :)
That's an easy one, bro. Just insert the clip 4x speed, backwards, and upside down. Kinda like how some flight schools cover the 4 fundamental forces. ;)