The Jerry clown show.

Crop Duster

E pluribus unum
Either way you want to phrase it, don't stop flying!
Yes. :)

I was going after the "quite literally...". Not to put too fine a point on it, but simply following the logic... once you can't fly anymore, you can't fly anymore. So at that point, you CAN stop trying to fly anymore with no additional penalty. But, I suppose if the pilot had known at what point that inflection occurred, he would never have been burdened with crashing in the first place. So, sure, keep flying.

U_of_I_Tweak

Well...

Just so we're all on the same page here. It's not "fly it through the crash." That would be, uh, difficult.. if not physically, at least semantically.

The more proper oration of the statement is...

"If you're going to crash an airplane, fly it into the crash... don't drop it into the crash."
I think the Bob Hoover quote is something to the extent of, "Fly the plane as far into the crash as possible."

That may not be exact, but I believe it conveys the idea.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

MidlifeFlyer

Yes. :)

I was going after the "quite literally...". Not to put too fine a point on it, but simply following the logic... once you can't fly anymore, you can't fly anymore. So at that point, you CAN stop trying to fly anymore with no additional penalty.
the pilot may think so, but doesn't really know what point that is until the airplane stops moving.

TUCKnTRUCK

That guy
the pilot may think so, but doesn't really know what point that is until the airplane stops moving.
There was a video floating around of a guy who had an engine failure at low altitude after take off. He puts it into a field straight ahead, but goes long. Somehow gets it back in the air, clips the tops of what appear to be some small trees, and then comes to a rest on the other side.

Not withstanding, he obviously probably could have bled energy better before landing, he kept flying and avoided hitting the trees head on at 65+ mph. Guy got lucky, but I feel lots of people would have stopped and plowed into the trees

southwind32

Does anyone have the videos he deleted anywhere?

Jerry pic from the twitter thread so that I'm contributing

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Was this the video where he breaks out and he's starting a steep spiral. Was chasing the localizer, had the excuse that someone was wrong with the radio or something. ATC called and asked questioned him about his position. If that's the video, I do have it, but have no idea how to post it.

z987k

Was this the video where he breaks out and he's starting a steep spiral. Was chasing the localizer, had the excuse that someone was wrong with the radio or something. ATC called and asked questioned him about his position. If that's the video, I do have it, but have no idea how to post it.
I think so, but wasn't he diving and off coarse and "correcting" in the opposite direction of the way the needles were saying to go?

southwind32

I think so, but wasn't he diving and off coarse and "correcting" in the opposite direction of the way the needles were saying to go?
Yes, as always, he had an excuse, never mind that he was ignoring his heading, attitude, altitude and just about everything else. Just keep making gigantic corrections and chasing needles. When he did break out he was approximately 60 degrees off course. I think when he broke out he was on the verge of loosing control and entering a spiral. I've been watching this guy for years. As a 45 year flight instructor, I along with others have tried making suggestions, all have met a brick wall, or in Jerry's case, "excuses" I haven't figured out how he gets insurance without attending one of the major flight training facilities for recurrency training. I'm surprised thae FAA hasn't caught up with him.

z987k

Yes, as always, he had an excuse, never mind that he was ignoring his heading, attitude, altitude and just about everything else. Just keep making gigantic corrections and chasing needles. When he did break out he was approximately 60 degrees off course. I think when he broke out he was on the verge of loosing control and entering a spiral. I've been watching this guy for years. As a 45 year flight instructor, I along with others have tried making suggestions, all have met a brick wall, or in Jerry's case, "excuses" I haven't figured out how he gets insurance without attending one of the major flight training facilities for recurrency training. I'm surprised thae FAA hasn't caught up with him.
So, on the insurance thing, I've been witness to a pilot "attending" FSI, not passing, getting a BS checkride from a company check airman and maintaining the insurance which required all pilots to attend FSI or similar because he indeed did go. There was no requirement for them to pass.

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun
So, on the insurance thing, I've been witness to a pilot "attending" FSI, not passing, getting a BS checkride from a company check airman and maintaining the insurance which required all pilots to attend FSI or similar because he indeed did go. There was no requirement for them to pass.
AA or GF?

southwind32

I'm sure there's been complaints. There's one video where he flies directly over Pier 39 and the altimeter is reading 400 ft. Might be the same video where one of the commenters said he happened to be near the SF water front when he flew by, if memory serves me correctly he thought it was pretty cool, but several people around him thought it was a terror attack. There' numerous other low flying events that I would think the general public would have been alarmed and called the authorities.