The Jerry clown show.

trafficinsight

At least when he does plug it in, the FAA will have a long, detailed history from which they can create visual lessons and courseware for the future generation of pilots.

Kind of reminds me of the (German?) seat belt campaign where they had death row inmates get filmed in crashes without belts. If they lived they were pardoned to life in prison vs death. May not have been Germany.

We won't see any of it, For us it'll be like turning off the movie with 15 minutes left....

I worry far more when Jerry hasn't posted in a while.

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun
Jerry will not die in an aircraft crash. He is the old pack a day smoking alcoholic who dies at 108 cause they got hit by a car. There is no justice in this world.
Yep, either that dude has an infinite reservoir of luck or he’s actually a competent pilot and the whole thing is an epic troll

TUCKnTRUCK

That guy
Sorry, what now
In the 70’s Germany offered commuted sentences for inmates who volunteered to serve as crash test dummy’s in a series of videos used to promote seatbelt use. I think they had to do 3 crashes?

Videos are out there.

Point being, real people used in real crashes as a teaching example. If the GoPro’s survive the wreck, could be valuable.

Last edited:

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
In the 70’s Germany offered commuted sentences for inmates who volunteered to serve as crash test dummy’s in a series of videos used to promote seatbelt use. I think they had to do 3 crashes?

Videos are out there.

Point being, real people used in real crashes as a teaching example. If the GoPro’s survive the wreck, could be valuable.
not as bad as I expected

Crop Duster

E pluribus unum
Good 22:14 video, worth every minute.

So easy, a caveman could understand it:
Extend the time of impact. Even in aviation as they say, fly through the crash.
Well...

Just so we're all on the same page here. It's not "fly it through the crash." That would be, uh, difficult.. if not physically, at least semantically.

The more proper oration of the statement is...

"If you're going to crash an airplane, fly it into the crash... don't drop it into the crash."

TUCKnTRUCK

That guy
Well...

Just so we're all on the same page here. It's not "fly it through the crash." That would be, uh, difficult.. if not physically, at least semantically.

The more proper oration of the statement is...

"If you're going to crash an airplane, fly it into the crash... don't drop it into the crash."
No- quite literally fly it through. Keep flying until it’s stopped and you’re getting out. Lots of people stop “flying” at the first impact and wait for it to come to a stop. While you likely will have little control, if it means not hitting a tree head on, - then do what you can.

In the “don’t watch jerry before solo” thread, the kid stops flying as soon as the plane departs the runway ( well, before that) he could have significantly reduced the impact forces with the flight controls had he kept flying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Crop Duster

E pluribus unum
No- quite literally fly it through. Keep flying until it’s stopped and you’re getting out. Lots of people stop “flying” at the first impact and wait for it to come to a stop. While you likely will have little control, if it means not hitting a tree head on, - then do what you can.

In the “don’t watch jerry before solo” thread, the kid stops flying as soon as the plane departs the runway ( well, before that) he could have significantly reduced the impact forces with the flight controls had he kept flying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
LOL. Like I said, maybe semantics. The way I parse it, fly it INTO the crash. Once you've crashed, you're just a passenger... kinda sorta, probably maybe, you know, by definition of CRASH.