The Jerry clown show.

MidlifeFlyer

Last edited:

MidlifeFlyer

I’ve said it many times before... seeing all the absolute crap that media when reporting on aviation tells me the have absolutely no idea about anything aviation related. Why would I assume that’s the only topic the are woefully ignorant of?

Unless they are reporting on a journalism story NOTHING they say about ANYTHING should be listened to.
I'm a bit more tolerant of that kind of stuff, especially from small local media. They have a big local story; they have zero in-house expertise and no budget to get someone real. So they find some GA pilot like Jerry who has some public recognition (or maybe he called them?) and have no way of knowing how much of an "expert" he really is to get some kind of explanation for the event. I'm less tolerant when a national news organization brings out supposedly "real" experts who do noting but speculate on things they don't know.

Funniest harmless one I came across in recent years was a very pro-GA story in a local Business Journal. It was an article on how GA helps the local economy. They mentioned local organizations with bizjets, including three which didn't have any, including me! :D My wife asked me if I was holding out on her.

poser765

Remember this when you hear a story about financial markets, oil drilling, medicine, crime, or nuclear power.
No, man, I apply that to anything even remotely technical. Anything beyond “local 7-11 robbed by three men...” type stories.

denverpilot

No, man, I apply that to anything even remotely technical. Anything beyond “local 7-11 robbed by three men...” type stories.
They wouldn’t even get those stories right if there wasn’t a professional PR person for the PD feeding it to them in writing on a fact sheet at a press conference. LOL.

Whatusername

Drive hard and NEVER lift.
Hopefully Jerry has a new video soon. “Shot down by F15s”

Fixed it for you.

I would love to see Jerry do a video on how to fly through the DC area. I know there are loads of prohibited areas. I’m sure the DOD and FAA would be totally cool if he flew through them. I mean after all it’s Pontifex Jerry the wise and sage like Skymaster.