The Jerry clown show.

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun
Not that I'd be surprised if Jerry were that close to the bridge, but it's been pointed out before that FlightAware tracks often aren't accurate enough at such a close scale to judge these things, and can be glitchy.
I don’t know where flightaware necessarily gets its data, but it’s very possible if he has ADSB out to get a position down to the meter on any given flight without much trouble.

gotWXdagain

Highly Visible Member
I don’t know where flightaware necessarily gets its data, but it’s very possible if he has ADSB out to get a position down to the meter on any given flight without much trouble.
With all the avionics he just paid for, he’d surely have paid to meet the ADS-B mandate.

But it’s also Jerry, who probably thinks the mandate only applies to the airlines.

milleR

So now I have to ask, should Jerry stop checkin’ In, will you all miss his videos?
Nope. In fact, I'd forgotten all about him until this thread was revived. Watching him pull that garbage down every time he was called out was actually quite satisfying.

JeppUpdater

So it appears a safety inspector is taking action if you can believe it. From another site.

Safety Inspector Notices Jerry

So now I have to ask, should Jerry stop checkin’ In, will you all miss his videos?
Unfortunately as the inspector points out, the FAA doesn’t take action based on social media evidence alone. And no Fed is going to sit there for dozens of hours watching Jerry’s long-winded videos to find something that s/he can’t turn into enforcement just so they can call and say “hey, don’t be an a-hole” to a guy who will ignore them anyway.

Believe me, I’d love nothing more than for some Oakland or NorCal controller to throw down for an airspace violation or similar. Or Batman to hang him from a skyscraper. Either one.

Ajax

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
What bothers me about this is that every time there is an accident we always look back to identify the warning signs and hopefully prevent it from happening again, and here all the warning signs are posted directly to YouTube. Short of grabbing fed for a ride along, busting a hold short line or taking off without permission, what else could this guy to do get the fed's eye?

Of course there are tons of Jerry's out there but they are at least smart enough to not put their antics on the internet. I think it's a disservice to the flying public, and arguably anyone below his path, to let him slide because it's on YouTube.

Last edited: