The Jerry clown show.

JeppUpdater

Oh they’re out there. Just yesterday we had a guy on the GPS 10 at CDW somehow try to land rwy 13 at MMU. Color me confused.
Several years ago there was this winner of a Gulfstream crew looking for Carlsbad (4800’) who managed to find Oceanside (2700’). The runways are both 24 but OKB is hard enough to pick out when you’re looking for it.

They taxied back and departed shortly thereafter for CRQ. I would imagine adult words were spoken.

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
Several years ago there was this winner of a Gulfstream crew looking for Carlsbad (4800’) who managed to find Oceanside (2700’). The runways are both 24 but OKB is hard enough to pick out when you’re looking for it.

They taxied back and departed shortly thereafter for CRQ. I would imagine adult words were spoken.

The killer is when you’re coming eastbound to CDW rwy 10, MMU is about 7 miles SOUTH of CDW. It’s not like there’s 2 airports dead ahead and you pick the wrong one. You have physically turn off the RNAV approach and fly several miles perpendicular to it to line up for MMU rwy 13. When he realized his mistake he canceled IFR and proceeded to bust the Bravo lol

Richman

The killer is when you’re coming eastbound to CDW rwy 10, MMU is about 7 miles SOUTH of CDW. It’s not like there’s 2 airports dead ahead and you pick the wrong one. You have physically turn off the RNAV approach and fly several miles perpendicular to it to line up for MMU rwy 13. When he realized his mistake he canceled IFR and proceeded to bust the Bravo lol
Out of curiosity....Don’t some of you guys/gals run “reduced data tags” for VFR targets? How is a class B bust highlighted?

Fixtur

Prefamulated Amulite

Couple observations -

1. Assuming they were IFR, didn’t the controller say “hey guys you look to be lined up for the wrong airport, which is 8 miles north.”
2. CRQ has an ILS and a MALSR. OKB does not.
3. They’re really really lucky. CRQ is already pretty short for a jet. OKB is suicide.
4. When they took off again for the short hop to CRQ, they were almost certainly exceeding their brake limitation. When they landed, same.

Last edited:

trafficinsight

Coming into Denver once we got a vector for base followed by "On your rollout you'll see traffic 12 o'clock 500 feet above you, a B violator, we're not talking to 'em."

I'll admit it, I laughed.

Then we gave them the aircraft type and colors. I almost could make out the tail number, but not quite.

Then we had a go around because TSA said "yeah we can make the next high speed" and then sailed right by it, and during the vectors after the go around got an RA from the same B violator, who had then turned South and was tracking the downwind pretty proficiently.

They still hadn't managed to contact them. Still couldn't quite get the tail number.

I wonder if they ever even knew they almost got splattered by the same jet twice.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
Coming into Denver once we got a vector for base followed by "On your rollout you'll see traffic 12 o'clock 500 feet above you, a B violator, we're not talking to 'em."

I'll admit it, I laughed.

Then we gave them the aircraft type and colors. I almost could make out the tail number, but not quite.

Then we had a go around because TSA said "yeah we can make the next high speed" and then sailed right by it, and during the vectors after the go around got an RA from the same B violator, who had then turned South and was tracking the downwind pretty proficiently.

They still hadn't managed to contact them. Still couldn't quite get the tail number.

I wonder if they ever even knew they almost got splattered by the same jet twice.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
The nice part with ADS-B is we will know their tail number even if we aren’t talking to them. And you’d be amazed at how many people blatantly violate the B and then call us for FF once they’re clear of it

Richman

The nice part with ADS-B is we will know their tail number even if we aren’t talking to them. And you’d be amazed at how many people blatantly violate the B and then call us for FF once they’re clear of it
I wudda thot that class B awareness would not be an issue these days, considering it’s been emphasized since TCAs were a thing.

Clearly I’m mistaken.

milleR

Only works for UAT installations. Can’t do it on 1090 ADSB OUT units.
Well, yeah, but how many of the bravo busting piston singles are going to bother with 1090 when a GDL 82 is less than 2 grand and works with their 430.

Crop Duster

E pluribus unum
Couple observations -

1. Assuming they were IFR, didn’t the controller say “hey guys you look to be lined up for the wrong airport, which is 8 miles north.”
3. They’re really really lucky. CRQ is already pretty short for a jet. OKB is suicide.
4. When they took off again for the short hop to CRQ, they were almost certainly exceeding their brake limitation. When they landed, same.
When you get GS kind o' pay, you get to do GS kind o' shirt.

Autothrust Blue

"I’d make a suggestion but you won’t listen”
An EM2 crew at [harm to ongoing matter] attempted this as well.

bimmerphile

SuperCritical™ Member
Couple observations -

"oh yeah airport in sight we'll take a visual"
no visuals at night until established on a published IAP. works great, last long time