The Jerry clown show.

CFI A&P

Exploring the world one toilet at a time.
At least Jerry’s VLOG/YouTube channel has brief periods of excitement/ violations.

Every day there seems to be a new VLOG by Dakota/ Madison/ Mallory/ Steve about “their journey to be a professional pilot”. Another video on learning steep turns at a 141 program.... yawn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun
At least Jerry’s VLOG/YouTube channel has brief periods of excitement/ violations.

Every day there seems to be a new VLOG by Dakota/ Madison/ Mallory/ Steve about “their journey to be a professional pilot”. Another video on learning steel turns at a 141 program.... yawn.

If you’re on the ‘gram, follow #avgeek for so much cringe

bimmerphile

SuperCritical™ Member

Every day there seems to be a new VLOG by Dakota/ Madison/ Mallory/ Steve about “their journey to be a professional pilot”. Another video on learning steel turns at a 141 program.... yawn.

These are kind of funny. I enjoy listening to the self absorbed Q&As

CFI A&P

If you’re on the ‘gram, follow #avgeek for so much cringe
You mean there is stuff on the ‘gram other than bikini clad girls fishing?

There is one aviatrix that I find hilarious, they’re never PIC or solo. Always riding in her boyfriend’s family planes. She really should use #passenger rather than #pilot

CFI A&P

Jerry gets more unusual attitude flying on every approach than most of us get in a checkride.
Maybe you’re on to something. Do the nose low unusual attitude inside the FAF. Combining an approach with the unusual attitudes and “terrain terrain pull up pull up”. It’ll be very efficient.

NickH

Dank Meme
Yeah, bad juju. But really, ice is usually a non-event in a large twin Cessna. Or so I hear. ;) Teaching guys flying airplanes not equipped with anti-ice and de-ice equipment to not worry about it, though? Not cool.
Depends very much on the Cessna. Jerry has an early 414 with the same wing as a 402, and anyone who's flown one of those in ice knows that even with boots, it's very much an event, and one to leave swiftly.

averettpilot

Depends very much on the Cessna. Jerry has an early 414 with the same wing as a 402, and anyone who's flown one of those in ice knows that even with boots, it's very much an event, and one to leave swiftly.
I’m curious what you mean, because I flew 402s and didn’t have any trouble with ice. Of course I didn’t hang out in for very long if possible.

Edit: maybe you’re talking about the B though with the tip tanks. I flew the C

NickH

Dank Meme
I’m curious what you mean, because I flew 402s and didn’t have any trouble with ice. Of course I didn’t hang out in for very long if possible.

Edit: maybe you’re talking about the B though with the tip tanks. I flew the C
Yeah, the C model has a different wing. The A and B, along with the early 414s have an extremely thin wing, which was good for speed compared to, say a Navajo. But it's bad in ice.. As in, no one is hanging out in ice in an older 402...

averettpilot

Yeah, the C model has a different wing. The A and B, along with the early 414s have an extremely thin wing, which was good for speed compared to, say a Navajo. But it's bad in ice.. As in, no one is hanging out in ice in an older 402...
Gotcha. As I was writing my post I realized that’s probably what you were talking about. Never flew the older models.

mightynimbus

He can afford a 414, but can't afford boots, prop and windshield heat?

There's actually a product called IceX which works very well. It's for FIKI aircraft, specifically booted ones that, lets bet honest sometimes don't work all that awesome.
When I knew I was going to ice up, I would put a healthy spray of Pledge on the LE's made a big difference for a few shed cycles,
tried the generic junk once, it froze, and I had to scrape that junk off.
The cargo place I did my first multi job for, was never going to spend real money on IceX and regular rejuvenation.

NickH

Dank Meme
Gotcha. As I was writing my post I realized that’s probably what you were talking about. Never flew the older models.
Cessna make some great products, and a lot of people think all cabin class twins are similar. Especially the Ameriflight Navajo guys who've seen some real ice and just trucked on through it. But those Cessna's have a real weakness. Generally, if it has tip tanks, that's a warning to be careful and (as always) know your airplane. Not to say it's automatically bad, just something to be aware of.