The Jerry clown show.

mightynimbus

Hahaha, he blocked me from posting from both my YouTube accounts

Jerry- "wind check?"

What tower should have said, "Yeah, you see that smoke stack a quarter mile off your left"

But since Jerry almost never looks outside, even when flying VFR, he never noticed it.
On Jerry's pre-landing checklist it says in crayon, -Ask Tower for wind check-

bimmerphile

SuperCritical™ Member
But why? I understand blast pads, displaced thresholds for landings, etc., but I'm not seeing the benefit of this.
Maybe at one point that's where the runway threshold was, but obstacles popped up closer to the airport requiring displacement to maintain clearway? Easier to just extend the taxiway, which is also unavailable for takeoff or landing cough cough

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
KTUS is the same way, on 11L, is it not?
Not as such. There's the short section of A2 that enters 11L from A, which the F-16s use to enter and line up after coming from Last Chance located on A1. But the extended/dispaced threshold where 11L used to start back in the day isn't used for taxiing; but just as an opposite-direction overrun for 29R if needed.

inigo88

Composite-lover
Not as such. There's the short section of A2 that enters 11L from A, which the F-16s use to enter and line up after coming from Last Chance located on A1. But the extended/dispaced threshold where 11L used to start back in the day isn't used for taxiing; but just as an opposite-direction overrun for 29R if needed.
One of my favorite examples of this taxiway configuration is Angwin-Parrett field (2O3) in northern Napa county, CA.

No idea why they did it that way. Maybe a long and narrow property to build on?

milleR

he waxed the leading edges in an attempt to keep the ice from sticking.

Thats a realm of stupidity I have yet to encounter in real life
We've gone back and forth about did he violate a reg, didn't he, can you prove it. But here, he reports icing conditions to ATC, is given the option to get out of it and elects to stay where he is in a non-FIKI approved aircraft. Cut and dry, black and white violation of FAR 91.9

mightynimbus

We've gone back and forth about did he violate a reg, didn't he, can you prove it. But here, he reports icing conditions to ATC, is given the option to get out of it and elects to stay where he is in a non-FIKI approved aircraft. Cut and dry, black and white violation of FAR 91.9
He was just "testing the equipment" to see if ICE would actually stick in known ice conditions.