The Jerry clown show.

greg1016

Trustworthy Source
And why is he so special that he has a 121 page thread devoted to him? This belongs in mind numbing topics or the Lav. Lot's of pilots out there are like Jerry. Some of them fly jets. Most just don't vlog about it. He is not special.

Ajax

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
And why is he so special that he has a 121 page thread devoted to him? This belongs in mind numbing topics or the Lav. Lot's of pilots out there are like Jerry. Some of them fly jets. Most just don't vlog about it. He is not special.
This thread is amazing

jweldon

“Member”
Did you miss his Yosemite videos or his bay area 20' cruising altitude videos? You're right he's not special but like you said he's one of the only ones that uploads this idiocy.

bucksmith

Did you lock the doors?
I hate when people check in and say climbing to 2000 but leave off “via the sid”. Always a moment of panic “maintain 1500 til wentz!”
Good lord, who the heck is checking in before 1500? If I'm on the radio, I'm too busy making sure the monkey is going to level off!
You should put a sound clip of you from live ATC or something on your profile. That way we can ID you on the radio. The rare occasion I go up to the Suck, I’m always wondering, is that him?? ;)

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
Good lord, who the heck is checking in before 1500? If I'm on the radio, I'm too busy making sure the monkey is going to level off!
You should put a sound clip of you from live ATC or something on your profile. That way we can ID you on the radio. The rare occasion I go up to the Suck, I’m always wondering, is that him?? ;)
The problem with that is what if you’re like “oh it’s this guy, he sucks!”

queeno

Ward of the Guberment
Just got back from a 8 day cruise so i have a lot catching up to do but the steak Tacos on Carnival Sunshine were OUTSTANDING and it looks like Jerry is still Jerry !!!!!

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun
Really? "Jerry is a bad pilot, so who cares if he kills himself." That attitude is a little sad and disappointing to see from people.

I don't know Jerry from anyone else here on these forums, but just as a matter of having a little humanity, I'd prefer he not kill himself.
You can’t save idiots from themselves. There was a crash here a few years ago where a guy who everyone knew was going to kill him self in a plane finally did. The only shame was the pax he had with him when an epic pile of stupid ended with him VMC rolling into the water.

It’s one thing when it’s due to lack of experience or good training/mentoring, but when someone has been given every chance to learn from their mistakes and doesn’t, well, the most you can hope for is they only kill themselves.

SquatThrust

You can’t save idiots from themselves. There was a crash here a few years ago where a guy who everyone knew was going to kill him self in a plane finally did. The only shame was the pax he had with him when an epic pile of stupid ended with him VMC rolling into the water.

It’s one thing when it’s due to lack of experience or good training/mentoring, but when someone has been given every chance to learn from their mistakes and doesn’t, well, the most you can hope for is they only kill themselves.
Would it not also be a shame if these Jerry-types killed only themselves? Are they bad people and not deserving of a little humanity?

I'm not defending Jerry as a pilot in any way. He is an awful pilot and either needs to hang up his wings or have some sort of 'come to Jesus' moment about his flying. I'm just saying that I think it's a bit cold and un-human to say that an otherwise regular guy would be of no concern if he died in an accident simply because he is a bad pilot. I'm not saying that you think that, but that sentiment exsists on these forums.

Make fun of the guy for his antics? Sure. Critique and criticize is actions? Absolutely. Care if it causes him to die? I think that's good to do too.

Anyways, back to the regularly scheduled program.

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun
Would it not also be a shame if these Jerry-types killed only themselves? Are they bad people and not deserving of a little humanity?

I'm not defending Jerry as a pilot in any way. He is an awful pilot and either needs to hang up his wings or have some sort of 'come to Jesus' moment about his flying. I'm just saying that I think it's a bit cold and un-human to say that an otherwise regular guy would be of no concern if he died in an accident simply because he is a bad pilot. I'm not saying that you think that, but that sentiment exsists on these forums.
Maybe it makes me a bad person, but I have a limited capacity to care about people outside my immediate monkeysphere, and that capacity is taken up by people like the kid I flew last summer who was in a car wreck that killed her mom and sister and laid outside all night before anyone found her, or the families of the 3 folks that vanished in a King Air a couple weeks ago. There’s no room left for people who ride motorcycles without helmets, free-climb, and Jerry.

(I didn’t expect this thread to get philosophical, thanks?)

Last edited: