The Jerry clown show.

Flyinthrew

Don't expect this to improve at all. The industry has been operating in a parasitic mode since about 1988. 60 years of aviation industry got pissed away in the decade between 1970 and 1985. Everything since then has only been feeding on the dead corpse. The airlines got experienced pilots FOR FREE for decades, and it was all they could do to poop on GA whenever they could. Then the military dried up and they were all like "uh, where did everybody go?"

I could go on, but don't want a TL;DR.
I'd read it. We're quickly approaching a precipice in America where something has to happen in GA or we turn into Europe. The training fleet that was built in 1977 is turning to dust. Most of the civilian training I give is in a Seminole and a stack of 1970s 172s. They are great little planes, but they're legitimately from a different era...and airplanes built after 1990 are extremely overpriced. If someone says "Well that's what the market says they're worth" I'm going to throw up. It would appear that the only people "in the market" are below average business people (flight schools) who over pay for things that say Cessna, Diamond, and Cirrus on them or wealthy people who can handle paying the premium for things that say Beech, Garmin, and STec on them.

Just to keep this thread on track...I would legitimately like to know what Jerry is so good at that generates the income to support a Cessna 414 with respectable avionics.

Last edited:

Nark

Sheepdog
He owns a construction company that generates about $164,405 in annual revenue.

Last edited:

FlyingAccountant

I'm pretty sure he owns/operates this:

At least that's the same address that his airman certs come back to. They claim over 70 years of existence so I'm guessing someone further up the family tree than him founded it.

tiredcfi

Not a child of magenta
Anyone interested in turning the trolling up to an 11 and contributing to a “Jerry Wagner Memorial Aviation Scholarship”? I’m on the Board of the Tony Jannus Society and can make this a real thing. Everyone put in $5 or $10?
Only if it's for surviving kids of plane crash victims.

Nark

Sheepdog

At least that's the same address that his airman certs come back to. They claim over 70 years of existence so I'm guessing someone further up the family tree than him founded it.
Your OpenSource intel (OSINT) is lacking...

That company is headquartered in Missouri. The two locations in California that have a connection are in Stockton and Fresno. Neither are places he routinely violates airspace.

I have his home and cell numbers, but that would be insane to publish them here. He's a self made man, that does alright for himself. He's not in the 1% club.

Cessnaflyer

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I think that address is a mail forwarding company.

Derg

Cap, Roci
Staff member
Don't expect this to improve at all. The industry has been operating in a parasitic mode since about 1988. 60 years of aviation industry got pissed away in the decade between 1970 and 1985. Everything since then has only been feeding on the dead corpse. The airlines got experienced pilots FOR FREE for decades, and it was all they could do to poop on GA whenever they could. Then the military dried up and they were all like "uh, where did everybody go?"

I could go on, but don't want a TL;DR.
This is true.

And if I could get some notables to understand that it’s not 1995 any more, it’d be swell.

Crop Duster

E pluribus unum
Anyone interested in turning the trolling up to an 11 and contributing to a “Jerry Wagner Memorial Aviation Scholarship”? I’m on the Board of the Tony Jannus Society and can make this a real thing. Everyone put in $5 or $10?
If you're on the board, tell your webmaster to fix the first paragraph of your history page. It's, er, a bit distressed by typos. The homepage is also infected with a rather awkward hyphenation.

MidlifeFlyer

And he kills an engine on the runway.
Same old same old. This is exactly what happens in his instrument approach videos. Something is marginally different or creates a distraction, and, instead of following procedure, he falls behind or screws something up.

Here he's explaining things to a newbie (non-CFIs do it all the time; no big deal and generally a good thing), but he lets it distract him, Sees no reason to go sterile in the terminal environment, and ends up shutting down his avionics in flight and killing an engine after landing. The rest, killing his radio for restart without telling ATC he's going off frequency, etc, are all continuations of the same event.

(Question for multi pilots - could he have taxied off the runway with one engine?)

milleR

(Question for multi pilots - could he have taxied off the runway with one engine?)
Yeah, but not easily and not if he had to make any right turns. It would also put a ton of lateral torque on the nose trunion which isn’t healthy. That left 270 and a little momentum was the right move to get clear.

MidlifeFlyer

Yeah, but not easily and not if he had to make any right turns. It would also put a ton of lateral torque on the nose trunion which isn’t healthy. That left 270 and a little momentum was the right move to get clear.
Thanks. I suspected that might be the case. So, really, the only gripe (other than the inadvertent engine shutdown itself), is Jerry not saying to the controller that he needed to restart and would be off frequency.