The Jerry clown show.

Inverted

#inspirationing
I should add that’s also the before-start flow, so you’re basically just double checking all the things you’ve already checked and set. 400 series Cessnas (possibly exempting the 421 with its GTSIO’s) are pretty simple to fly, as witnessed by Jerry’s continued existence.

But again, I haven’t touched one in almost 10 years so I’ll shut up. Just a testament to ingrained habits and good training I suppose. Still feels like I could hop in one tomorrow and for a spin though :)
Have 414 and 421 time. Flying wise they are both so easy. The engines on the 421 take some management but it’s not something that would take away from flying the airplane well. As far as twins go I think the Cessna 400 series are the easiest to fly.

I should add that’s also the before-start flow, so you’re basically just double checking all the things you’ve already checked and set.
That was my point. You're already mostly configured. You're mostly just visually double-checking switches/settings, and checking engines/props/mags/vacuum/fuel flow/and maybe electrical (if you fly a beater with weak alternators).

IMHO, run-up items can be checked on taxi. But I'm not sure... Can I get an amen?

But again, I haven’t touched one in almost 10 years so I’ll shut up.
It's muscle memory... you're good.

Last edited:

knot4u

Repeat Offender
'67? Really? Ship shape? Where does she lay?
It's not quite ship shape, it resides in Southern California. It was a driver when I parked it due to an engine knock. I've put some good money into it but I just don't have the enthusiasm to finish it in my spare time. It's like 90% done with a partial restoration, I haven't painted it, but it does have a fresh lump from Heritage Garage. It hasn't run in 10 years. Make me an offer that I cant refuse and it's yours.

Last edited:

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
It's not quite ship shape, it resides in Southern California. It was a driver when I parked it due to an engine knock. I've put some good money into it but I just don't have the enthusiasm to finish it in my spare time. It's like 90% done with a partial restoration, I haven't painted it, but it does have a fresh lump from Heritage Garage. It hasn't run in 10 years. Make an an offer that I cant refuse and it's yours.
Direct EWR-ATL.