The Great Jumpseat War of 2019

ScorpioStinger

Nothing to see here folks, just a few macho men who feel butt-hurt and disrespected, trying to make a bravado scene.

On a serious note, anyone care to post a cliff note explanation of what is happening? What is the end game?

Thanks,

~ Fly safe.

Screaming_Emu

Great and Unmatched Wisdom
Nothing to see here folks, just a few macho men who feel butt-hurt and disrespected, trying to make a bravado scene.

On a serious note, anyone care to post a cliff note explanation of what is happening? What is the end game?

Thanks,

~ Fly safe.
From what I’m told, United FOM now puts airlines who ONLY fly for United ahead of those carriers who fly for multiple majors in terms of priority.

Kind of...makes sense honestly.

Acrofox

All dragon~
UALPA unilaterally violated the JS agreement, refused to negotiate it, and had UAL make a software change to get what they wanted, in violation of OO

Negotiations were attempted in good faith by the regionals in question, for years, and UALPA’s response was basically “suck it up, buttercup—we’re mainline so we get whatever we want.”

Nobody at OO wants a jumpseat war, but in this case there was no option other than rolling over and letting UALPA dictate terms (in violation of our agreement, and the priority listed in the FOM.)

tcco94

Professional GTA V Pilot
From what I’m told, United FOM now puts airlines who ONLY fly for United ahead of those carriers who fly for multiple majors in terms of priority.

And throws the others (Skywest, Republic, and Mesa) in the OAL category. Also bumps themselves above UAX pilots on UAX metal. We were told even pursuing to have priority over own metal but that wasn't going to fly.

Now we are told the jumpseat agreement is invalid on the 15th so allowing UAX (Besides those 3) and UAL pilots in ANY of our jumps is against FOM, which would be against the FAR'S....

Screaming_Emu

Great and Unmatched Wisdom
UALPA unilaterally violated the JS agreement, refused to negotiate it, and had UAL make a software change to get what they wanted, in violation of OO

Negotiations were attempted in good faith by the regionals in question, for years, and UALPA’s response was basically “suck it up, buttercup—we’re mainline so we get whatever we want.”

Nobody at OO wants a jumpseat war, but in this case there was no option other than rolling over and letting UALPA dictate terms (in violation of our agreement, and the priority listed in the FOM.)
Who exactly were they negotiating with at Skywest?

ScorpioStinger

Great article on the history of Fee-for-Departure, I recommend all regional carrier pilots read it, most especially those at SKYW, RAH, MESA.

tcco94

Professional GTA V Pilot
Great article on the history of Fee-for-Departure, I recommend all regional carrier pilots read it, most especially those at SKYW, RAH, MESA.

I fail to see how this is relevant. A UALPA decision to do what they want means it's our fault and we need to know our place? The regional pilots had no say in this decision.

JordanD

Honorary Member

My understanding is somehow GoJet is still counted as UAX non exclusive... then G7 dispatch, THEN OO and YV, who do a crap ton of UAX flying. You can't tell me how it makes any sense that a Kalitta pilot would bump a SkyWest or Mesa pilot commuting to fly a United Express trip off the jumpseat.

bLizZuE

Fly airplanes, drink beer, never at the same time.
Does your airline exclusively fly for UAX? You’re exclusive.