Thank you Delta!

cmac88

The PATCO legacy has become much more intriguing these last few weeks. How much longer can this go on?
I will say this.... how are they going to have anything to say against people calling in fatigued after working a second job on top of their current forced shifts....

Boris Badenov

He comes to save the day in a broken truck.
The notion that we're arguing about whether or not feeding controllers who aren't being paid is a bribe, holy excrement. THAT is what to argue about? Not the fact that the government has ceased to function, entirely due to the actions of THE GOVERNMENT? Perhaps we could address the question of the Chief Executive's putative emoluments before we worry about some pizzas for the surly nerds of NYTRACON?

knot4u

Repeat Offender
A little but it’s not a make or break. Kind of creeps up on you. You plan and plan on a budget that doesn’t include it, but you’re getting it every week year after year and it becomes the norm.
I've always hated working with people who depended on OT pay, they weren't bad people but they couldn't afford their lifestyle without it. As an example, when I was a mobile tech it was very common to head down to Long Beach, Santa Ana or San Diego to help a customer. It would become very obvious after the work was completed and all that was left was to load the truck and drive back to the San Fernando Valley that they were slowing down so we would get stuck in traffic on the 405 and they could bank that sweet time and a half sitting in traffic, with me being ready to rip their face off in the other seat. I know your situation is different, but I guess my point is you should maintain your lifestyle with your base salary and any overtime money should go into savings.

Prino

American is the only airline who I haven’t heard of sending food to a facility. Spirit, frontier, allegiant, delta, southwest and I think United have all sent food to Vegas.

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
but I guess my point is you should maintain your lifestyle with your base salary and any overtime money should go into savings.
I mean if suddenly I started getting 0 overtime i wouldn’t lose my house or my vehicles. Wouldn’t go out to eat as much or take as many vacations but I don’t depend on it to live. But I’ve had minimum of 14 hours per week of OT scheduled since the day I certified on Flight Data and that’s not changing any time soon.

Kingairer

'Tiger Team' Member
American is the only airline who I haven’t heard of sending food to a facility. Spirit, frontier, allegiant, delta, southwest and I think United have all sent food to Vegas.
AA has to multiple facilities. Primarily our hubs.

DPApilot

GUYSH! GUYSH! GUYSH!
So far I’ve hit DFW, ILG and TEB. Those guys make my life easier and it’s the least I can do while I sip drinks at the yacht club.

RobertB

Falcon Aviation sent pizza, Chick-fil-A provided breakfast, a former ATM provided pizza, @A80TRACON provided food, and the Delta Dispatchers in ATL provided wings thus far. We are grateful to every single one of them for trying to make our days just that much better. We are roughly three days from our next missed paycheck (#2). We are 1.5-2.0 weeks from a complete crap show with the Super Bowl in Atlanta. At three missed paychecks, the overwhelming majority of people will literally stop showing up to work.

Ozelot

Minneapolis TRACON
Falcon Aviation sent pizza, Chick-fil-A provided breakfast, a former ATM provided pizza, @A80TRACON provided food, and the Delta Dispatchers in ATL provided wings thus far. We are grateful to every single one of them for trying to make our days just that much better. We are roughly three days from our next missed paycheck (#2). We are 1.5-2.0 weeks from a complete crap show with the Super Bowl in Atlanta. At three missed paychecks, the overwhelming majority of people will literally stop showing up to work.
You guys get your training for the Superbowl up and running? I heard y'all did, anyways if we can nail it guys will make it look like a walk in the park!

RobertB

You guys get your training for the Superbowl up and running? I heard y'all did, anyways if we can nail it guys will make it look like a walk in the park!
We are in the process of doing it. Example: my Super Bowl sims are the week of the Super Bowl. People here are more pissed that trainees assigned SET have had their training suspended indefinitely so rich people don’t get delayed because SET isn’t considered an essential activity. We’ve had people withdraw from training over the delays to get them through classroom and sims. Most of us are hoping for a blizzard that leaves hundreds of corporate jets grounded due to very few deicing trucks at satellite airports.

AAPalmTree

American has done MIA, ORD, LGA, CLT, MCI LAX, DFW, PHL.
We fed 170 in ORD.

Bandit_Driver

Gold Member
Just to be clear, I think it's great that people are trying to help people here, and the shutdown is stupid. But...

Shutdown or no, wouldn't bringing food and/or money to a government entity be a donation? And aren't donations to specific government entities illegal (for good reason)? They're required to turn them down, IIRC, or redistribute them to the general fund.

EDIT: Nope, I was wrong, looks good! Keep on keeping on. Rules on Gifts in the Federal Government - ask.FEDweek

Individuals cannot donate or directly give gifts to TSA, CONTROLLERS, etc. I know some of the airlines that are helping had to jump through legal hoops to provide meals, meal vouchers, etc to TSA, controllers, and others in the airport affected by the shutdown and have to stay within certain limitations.