Terminals in Illinois???

sb1980

Hi everyone! I am attending the Chicago PEPC in the near future, and have been informed that I am being considered for a terminal position in Illinois. Would anyone shed some light on what terminals are in Illinois so I have an idea on where I may be going? Or if there are several, please direct me to where I can find the information.

I have a spreadsheet that lists all the centers and their levels, however I do not know the meaning of the acronyms "ARTCC, TRACON, ETC." Which of those are terminal, and which are En Route?

Thanks so much for the help!

chichi

Hi everyone! I am attending the Chicago PEPC in the near future, and have been informed that I am being considered for a terminal position in Illinois. Would anyone shed some light on what terminals are in Illinois so I have an idea on where I may be going? Or if there are several, please direct me to where I can find the information.

I have a spreadsheet that lists all the centers and their levels, however I do not know the meaning of the acronyms "ARTCC, TRACON, ETC." Which of those are terminal, and which are En Route?

Thanks so much for the help!

ARTCC = Air Route Traffic Control Center (enroute)
TRACON = Terminal Radar Approach Control (terminal)
Tower = Tower :) (terminal)
up/down = combined Tower/TRACON (terminal)

Terminal facilities in Illinois...

TRACON
C90

Tower
ARR, CPS, DPA, MDW, ORD, PWK

Up/Down
CMI, MLI, PIA, RFD, SPI

If I missed any or if there's an error, I'm sure someone will correct me ;)

noeflys84

You might be able to get ORD tower. They are building a new tower that opens in NOV. for RWY 9L and 9R. ARR, DPA and RFD tower are very friendly people. ARR, DPA and RFD tend get a lot of student pilot traffic.

haiku

You might be able to get ORD tower. They are building a new tower that opens in NOV. for RWY 9L and 9R. ARR, DPA and RFD tower are very friendly people. ARR, DPA and RFD tend get a lot of student pilot traffic.
Cool, where would the ORD tower be located?

chichi

http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/ato/

This one is a lot easier and it only has FAA facilities. Click the type of facility on the left there.

The only reason I don't use that one...

Air Route Traffic Control Centers

Massachusetts
  • Boston
Boston ARTCC is actually in New Hampshire... and it bothers me that the website you linked says it's in Massachusetts. I haven't gone through it to see if there are more mistakes, but that's a biggie... and that is the only reason I won't tell people to go to that one :laff:

noeflys84

They are keeping the large tower and adding a second tower that is located by American airlines maintenance hanger.

nathanw

The only reason I don't use that one...

Air Route Traffic Control Centers

Massachusetts
  • Boston
Boston ARTCC is actually in New Hampshire... and it bothers me that the website you linked says it's in Massachusetts. I haven't gone through it to see if there are more mistakes, but that's a biggie... and that is the only reason I won't tell people to go to that one :laff:
That's funny. I never noticed that before